We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

How's it goin' aye?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's it goin' aye?

Howdy all. Nice to be here. Can someone tell me how to setup my avatar and my signature cuz I can't find it anywhere?
    Thanks aye!

Originally posted by StanJ View Post
    Howdy all. Nice to be here. Can someone tell me how to setup my avatar and my signature cuz I can't find it anywhere?
    Thanks aye!
    Hi Stan,

Welcome to the forum. Just go to your profile and hover over the default avatar. From there you should see a button appear. And we do not allow signatures so they are disabled throughout the board:

Click image for larger version

Name:	avatar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	17674
    Comment>

Thanks, I figured that out but now can't save my picture cuz the crop tool doesn't work on my tablet.
      Comment>

Thanks, I figured that out but now can't save my picture cuz the crop tool doesn't work on my tablet.
        You can always post your avatar here and I'd be happy to add it for you.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Welcome StanJ
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

You can always post your avatar here and I'd be happy to add it for you.

God bless,
            William
            Apparently not until I fulfill a certain quota?
            Comment>

Apparently not until I fulfill a certain quota?
              I forgot that newly registered members are restricted. Just changed your account to full member so you should be able to post pictures now.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

I forgot that newly registered members are restricted. Just changed your account to full member so you should be able to post pictures now.

God bless,
                William
                Thanks for your help...hope this works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studio_20160624_162102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	17688
                Comment>

My compliments on the layout and style here. It also loads very fast on my AndroId tablet.
                  Comment>

My compliments on the layout and style here. It also loads very fast on my AndroId tablet.
                    Thank you Stan,

I was wondering which tablet you were using, and which browser. Unfortunately, all I can do about the crop issue is report it to the software developer. With Vbulletin changes are made slowly, after months of testing, so I am afraid that even if I report the issue it will not be resolved for nearly a half year at best.

By the way Stan, I am pretty sure that you have an account here already. I was sad to see you go probably a year or so ago. Anyways, if you're the same Stan that I have already met I welcome you back.

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

Thank you Stan,

I was wondering which tablet you were using, and which browser. Unfortunately, all I can do about the crop issue is report it to the software developer. With Vbulletin changes are made slowly, after months of testing, so I am afraid that even if I report the issue it will not be resolved for nearly a half year at best.

By the way Stan, I am pretty sure that you have an account here already. I was sad to see you go probably a year or so ago. Anyways, if you're the same Stan that I have already met I welcome you back.

God bless,
                      William
                      I'm using the native browser on my Android tablet which runs version 5. It's serviceable but I do have Chrome just in case. I use Google Voice to type so I find it much easier than using the browser on my PC.
                      I do recognize you but I don't recognize the site, so was it a different name before? I prefer to stay on one site at a time so inevitably I will run into people issues and that usually means I'll move on. The current site I'm on uses the Nicene Creed to define who is Orthodox Christian and sadly I'm not in total agreement with the Nicene Creed when it comes to when Jesus was begotten. In any event hopefully that won't be an issue here. Thanks for your kind welcome back.
                      Comment>

I prefer to stay on one site at a time so inevitably I will run into people issues and that usually means I'll move on.
                        Hi Stan,

If I may suggest reporting a user to the staff if you run into an issue instead of leaving. There is a "flag" option to report a post under each post. Otherwise, we are left with members that create issues and deter others from joining. And, after some time your membership will be valued in fellowship, we'd miss you. If there is an issue, make your case, and report what the issue is in the flag option. Even if it is about me, the remaining staff are anonymous but will respond by resolving the issue and will even address me if I am out of line in private. Even me, as the owner of the site had a tremendous learning curve when it comes to engaging others. All I ask for you to do is to read the board's rules and be as charitable towards them as you want them to be to you, though you may very well disagree. Be patient with the staff, we are generally reluctant in banning anyone besides the occasional spammer.

God bless,
                        William
                        Comment>

Hi Stan,

If I may suggest reporting a user to the staff if you run into an issue instead of leaving. There is a "flag" option to report a post under each post. Otherwise, we are left with members that create issues and deter others from joining. And, after some time your membership will be valued in fellowship, we'd miss you. If there is an issue, make your case, and report what the issue is in the flag option. Even if it is about me, the remaining staff are anonymous but will respond by resolving the issue and will even address me if I am out of line in private. Even me, as the owner of the site had a tremendous learning curve when it comes to engaging others. All I ask for you to do is to read the board's rules and be as charitable towards them as you want them to be to you, though you may very well disagree. Be patient with the staff, we are generally reluctant in banning anyone besides the occasional spammer.

God bless,
                          William
                          Yes I would definitely do that... My reasons for leaving usually have to do with the administrators or the owners of the site and not necessarily those who would disagree with. I could always put them on ignore but you can't put admins or owners on ignore.
                          I am glad to see that there is a certain amount of accountability even for the owners here so for me that's a good sign. Please don't get me wrong I'm not that reactionary and it takes me some time to decide to leave. The last site I was on I was there for about 3 years but it went through for ownership changes and inevitably I did not get along with the last owner. I do remember you from before and you seem to be very reasonable but there were a few of your regulars or staff with a tie I seem to recall didn't get along with. My biggest drawback is that I'm not necessarily confrontational but I am very direct and don't pull any punches and that does irritate some people, but at my age it's hard, as the old saying goes, 'for an old dog to learn new tricks'! ;)

Comment>

Yes I would definitely do that... My reasons for leaving usually have to do with the administrators or the owners of the site and not necessarily those who would disagree with. I could always put them on ignore but you can't put admins or owners on ignore.
                            I am glad to see that there is a certain amount of accountability even for the owners here so for me that's a good sign. Please don't get me wrong I'm not that reactionary and it takes me some time to decide to leave. The last site I was on I was there for about 3 years but it went through for ownership changes and inevitably I did not get along with the last owner. I do remember you from before and you seem to be very reasonable but there were a few of your regulars or staff with a tie I seem to recall didn't get along with. My biggest drawback is that I'm not necessarily confrontational but I am very direct and don't pull any punches and that does irritate some people, but at my age it's hard, as the old saying goes, 'for an old dog to learn new tricks'! ;)
                            G'day Stan,

Lemme first apologize to you, because you're right. In the past I had established fellowships and bonds with people that clouded my judgment. I would give them much leeway resulting in an unfair bias. Even now, some of the staff has suggested that I am beyond patient with some. If I rub you the wrong way Stan, either approach me personally, or report me. I am fallible, but of course, and I will repent if I am wrong, but not only that, I will reevaluate my approach and presentation and try to make positive corrections. I remember you, down to our last debate, and I was sorry then to see you go. I should of expressed that.

My biggest drawback is that I'm not necessarily confrontational but I am very direct and don't pull any punches and that does irritate some people, but at my age it's hard, as the old saying goes, 'for an old dog to learn new tricks'! ;)
                            Some have suggested this in the past, but what they really meant is that they couldn't turn the other cheek. This was one of my biggest gripes with some of the regulars here, this forum became their stomping ground, and their responses were made very personal.

God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

Welome :)
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap