We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello from Maine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Maine

I am sixty-four, and have been a Christian since I was thirteen years old, although you wouldn't have known it from the way that I lived for a portion of that time. Although I grew up in a Bethel Covenant church, now known as Evangelical Covenant, I identify more closely with the Grace Brethren Church. I am wording it that way because it has been quite a few years since I have lived close enough to one to be able to fellowship in a GBC church. Meanwhile, I have been a member of a Church of Christ, a Southern Baptist Church, and I currently attend a very small, rural non-denominational church. I believe that full agreement on all issues regarding interpretation and practices is not necessary in order to fellowship with fellow Christians, and that most of the things we quarrel about are not salvational.

Apart from brief occupations, the things that I have done for a living for significant portions of my life have included working in a paper bag plant, from a starting position up to supervisor. I then became a paramedic, and spent more than twenty years working as a paramedic, instructor, training officer, director, part owner of a private company, and as the program chairman for a state college EMT program in Texas. For the past sixteen years, I have worked online, mostly on web directories, but am not also collecting Social Security. I did attend Bible college for a few years but did not stick around long enough to earn a degree.

I grew up in the UP of Michigan, lived in Southern California for twelve years, and in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas for about twenty-one years before moving to Maine in 2000, which is where I currently am. I married for the first and only time at the age of forty-eight, and am still happily married. As a single parent, I adopted a boy who is now in his fifties, as I was only thirteen years older than him.

Welcome Ken, glad you joined us!
    Comment>

Welcome to the forum Ken.
      Comment>

Hello and welcome Ken Anderson
        Comment>

Welcome to the forum.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Great to have you in the forum, Ken Anderson , and welcome ! ! I just know that you will be an awesome addition to the forum and we are looking forward to conversations with you here.
            Comment>

My goodness, William will allow just about anyone on this forum!! GREAT to have you here Ken and I am exited that you are taking a small break from your normal surroundings! Gotta get busy, so see you a bit later!
              Comment>

Welcome Ken and the rest of the pack! Fancy meeting you guys here....guess William will allow anyone!
                Comment>

Hey, it's like old home week!
                  Comment>

Lol, welcome Ruby! I hope they like Catholics here....
                    Comment>

Originally posted by RubyBegonia View Post
                      Hey, it's like old home week!
                      Hi Ruby good to see you here ;)
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Chrissy View Post
                        Welcome Ken and the rest of the pack! Fancy meeting you guys here....guess William will allow anyone!
                        Hi Chrissy good to see you here to ;)
                        Comment>

What a surprise, Merlin! So happy to see such a great group.
                          Comment>

Hi Merlin, , Hi Chrissy, good to see you both.
                            Comment>

Small world! :)
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap