We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

A believer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A believer

Ever since I was a kid that this society and world didn't make much sense as I saw that everything was unfair. Somewhat later I realized that there is a superior world that makes this one more understandable and that Christ was here to lead the way. Looking forward to chat with you all!

Hi oportosanto good to have you here
    Comment>

Originally posted by oportosanto View Post
      there is a superior world that makes this one more understandable and that Christ was here to lead the way.
      Christ does more than lead the way. He is the way. I hope that you will spend enough time on this forum so we can make the difference clear to you.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Nice to meet you oportosanto
        Comment>

Thank you all for the welcome my friends. I do think I understand the difference between leading the way and being the way. I guess you mean that we need to live inside ourselves what Christ represented externally 2000 years ago am I right?
          Comment>

Originally posted by oportosanto View Post
            Thank you all for the welcome my friends. I do think I understand the difference between leading the way and being the way. I guess you mean that we need to live inside ourselves what Christ represented externally 2000 years ago am I right?
            I think the difference is more basic than that.

If Christ LEADS the way, then we need to FOLLOW in order to reach God. This is a call to do what Jesus did in order to be Holy. We are now Jehovah's Witnesses or any other religion based on works of Human goodness.

If Christ IS the way, then we need to go THROUGH Christ in order to reach God. This is a call to accept and acknowledge GRACE (unearned favor) from God given through Christ. Now we are Christians.

I think that is the difference he was thinking of.
            Comment>

Oops, I forgot.

Welcome. 😀
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap