We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Ullaakut From The Arctic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ullaakut From The Arctic

Ullaakut = Hello!

I'm happy to have discovered this Forum. My wife and I live in the Inuit town of Puvirnituq on Hudson Bay. This is a nice place to live...it is very quiet. There are two churches in town, One Roman Catholic and the other, Anglican. Neither appeals to me, so I don't attend. In any event, services are in Inuktituk, a language I don't understand. I am a born-again believer and came to Christ 12 years ago. Previous to my regeneration, I was a life-long atheist, and a vocal one at that.

I enjoy airplanes (I'm a pilot) and cars. My wife and I like hiking and overseas travel; we also have a motorhome which we use for short vacations in the USA and southern Canada.

That's it! Thanks for reading!

Welcome PermaFrost!

Any military experience? I read that you're a pilot, most often people that are pilots have prior military service. I served in the U.S. Air Force where I was stationed at Shaw Air Force base South Carolina. I used to have a tremendous fascination for aircraft while growing up. I went into the Air Force to become a F-16 Crew Chief with the 363rd Fighter Squadron.

Doesn't seem as though you have much of a selection church wise. Hope that we can fill some of the void for you in Christian fellowship.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hello William,

...and thanks for the welcome!

Nope, I don't have the honor of having served my country in the military. (For what it's worth, an acquaintance of mine did serve. He was posted at Alert on Ellesmere Island and would make frequent flights over to the U.S. base at Thule, Greenland...a relatively short hop at that lattitude.) I learned to fly when I was 25. I've mostly flown single-engined Cessnas & Pipers. My wife is afraid of small planes, so we never bought one. We bought a motorhome instead... I have a friend with a Cessna 182, so that's the next best thing!

Again, thanks for the welcome and God Bless,

Roger
      Comment>

Well we got something in common, cars (esp. classics) are my passion but I do love some airplanes as well, I myself have limited knowledge of flight as I attended ground school many years ago but never attained my pilots license due to unfortunate circumstances.

We are sure glad to have you here Permafrost welcome aboard, I am so glad to hear of your regeneration, it never ceases to amaze me what Christ can do and to/through whom He can do it, all glory and honor be to The Lord God and His son Jesus, praise be to Him in the highest.
        Comment>

Originally posted by JSB View Post
          Well we got something in common, cars (esp. classics) are my passion but I do love some airplanes as well, I myself have limited knowledge of flight as I attended ground school many years ago but never attained my pilots license due to unfortunate circumstances.
          I "was" a total car fanatic too JSB. I had worked my way through an apprenticeship program at a GM dealer after the service. Spent 10 years working in the shop until I got the opportunity to try sales. Loved my hot rods too, having had a couple of Corvettes, one of which I built from the ground up with a tube chassis and narrowed rear end for the quarter mile. I think the most collectible car I had ... some guy came into the dealership wanting to trade his 96 Impala SS in. He never said a word, I bought it from the dealership and they didn't care... that it was a Super Natural Callaway SS. I bought it at dealer trade in price, the price of a stock Impala SS that didn't have 25 thousand dollars worth of additions. Only 40 were built in that year and only 3 were in black. Mine was one of the 3. But the most trouble I ever got into on the street came by way of a 68 RoadRunner I built up with a 440 and 4 speed. Lets just say I got carried away one night and had to end up selling it to pay the attorney. That was actually when I got out of hot rods :(

God bless,
          William

Comment>

Welcome to the forum, PermaFrost.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Originally posted by JSB View Post
              We have two things in common!

Originally posted by William View Post
              ...had a couple of Corvettes, one of which I built from the ground up with a tube chassis and narrowed rear end for the quarter mile.
              Isn't envy one of Catholicism's Seven Deadly Sins? I am now envious and it's all William's fault! Away from me, Satan!

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
              Welcome to the forum, PermaFrost.
              Thanks!:cool:
              Comment>

Hey Brother,

Haven't seen you on for awhile and I was just wondering whether all is ok? If you're having account issues or anything please use the "contact us" link located at the bottom of the page.

Hope you're well, and if you need a prayer please say so.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap