X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just what don't gay Christians understand

Just what don't homosexual 'so called' Christians understand?

Lately whenever I've been surfing the web about Christian news it seems like every other article is about how a new gay elder, pastor, vicor etc has taken over a church congregation.

While I understand that not all Christians read the Bible and some of these people may well be homosexual and naive about the scriptures regarding their sexual immorality, should it not be the role of the head of the church to guide it's flock?, you can just imagine how awkward a homosexual pastor would feel talking about certain scriptures regarding their sexuality... I bet you also can imagine how certain verses of scripture would never be talked or read out in a church service by a homosexual elder...

Do these homosexual leaders of the church not read their own authority? Let's take a look at a few verses..

James 3:1 ESV
    Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness

So they should understand they will be judged with greater strictness.. If they believe in the scriptures that is.
    So let's have a look at

Ephesians 5:3 (NIV)
    But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people

Does sexual immorality include same sex relations.. I think it does.
    Also..

1 Corinthians 6:9 (CEB)
    Don't you know that people who are unjust won't inherit God's kingdom? Don't be deceived. Those who are sexually immoral, those who worship false gods, adulterers, both participants in same-sex intercourse

So again just what don't homosexual Christians understand about the scriptures, you cannot pick and choose bits of god's commands to how you want to live and call yourself a believer... You are either with him or against him (I think there is a verse of that as well) someone calling themselves a Christ follower and sinning knowing what is a sin in my own opinion is the worst of all things.

1 Corinthians 6:18 (ESV)
    Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

You sin against you're own body so the scripture says but also you sin against the holy spirit which we see here.

1 Corinthians 6:19 (ESV)
    Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own

These homosexual head of churches would have read the Bible many times, not only do they know what is sin but choose to carry on sinning, against their body and against the holy spirit. I assume either because of selfishness or mental illness.. Or evil however are they respectable enough in god's eyes to be Shepard's to the flock? I think not.. It seems homosexual elders care more about worldly titles about being the first openly gay elder etc like many articles state, than being a follower of Christ.. It seems they also want to pick some commandments on how to live and disregard other instructions by god to live by.. If this isn't a selfish act I don't know what is.

2 Timothy 3:16 ESV
    All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

It clearly states ALL scripture is breathed out by god and profitable for teaching.. So it's obviously unfair and wrong to pick and choose how you want to live by Christ.. Again you are either for him or against him. 'and training in righteousness' again how can you teach and train anyone while you are head and you yourself are the sinner while you must fully well know it.

Most of these homosexual elders seem to be lesbians women I will just leave this here..

1 Timothy 2:11-12 ESV
    Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet

We all know the other verses on homosexuality and so must these homosexual Christians.

Just what don't they understand!?

Rant over

God bless you all.

2 Timothy 4:3
    Comment>

Bliss; While in Seminary I took as an assignment The "Metropolitan Church", which is a has LGBTQ for their pastors, Elder's, Deacon's, and members. They twist the Scriptures, distort the meaning and historic facts. Paul's writing especially are changed in the meaning in Romans chapter one, along with 1st and 2nd Corinthians. In order for these lost souls to convince themselves that they can live a totally sin filled life and still worship God. Just as an example I was told by a so called pastor that Romans 1 was referring to being being monogamous to the relationship you are in.

As I sat across from this sham of a pastor he actually said I was cute and was interesting in dating me. I was dumbfounded,and declined his offer and told him I was a Christian, married under no circumstances would I consider such a thing. How totally sick was this man.

I took the churches literature that he offered and politely gave my thanks and left. I wrote my paper on the Metropolitan Church and as I remember the class was really quite interested on how all this took place.

The Bible is very clear that people who practice homosexuality are not Christians. That is not to say people who think they are attracted to the same sex are in sin as long as they do not act on those impulses.
      I hope this helps.

Justme
      Comment>

Justme

I am sorry to hear you're bad experience with that pastor, that is incredibly unprofessional of him & if he wanted to date you on the basis of he finds you cute that's also un-Christian.

I understand homosexual pastors may well twist and change scripture based on their own selfishness to condone their own sexual immorality, why they are not dismissed from their duties is beyond me, I can't help but assume they know full well that their sexual desires and relations are sinful and against scripture. If they fully believe in Christ they wouldn't be sinning and being openly homosexual like many are. These people can not be Christians surely?
        Comment>

Bliss the point really is these pastors and elders & deacons are false christians. Simply put they are unsaved. Sadly they are mocking the genuine Church of Jesus Christ.
          Blessinfs Bliss.

justme
          Comment>

There Are those who believe that David and Jonathon in the Old Testament were involved in a same-sex relationship due to some of the wording. So the thought might be 'if it was okay for Them to be 'involved' then it's okay for Other Christian men to do the same. And people Also for get that there can be close friendship Without sex being involved.

And there are those who believe that people are Born attracted to and therefore Can interact with others of the same sex -- after all -- God doesn't make mistakes.

And it's Also true that being attracted To is not the problem -- it's the intimate interaction that it.

And the thought that when people love each other -- and they are two consenting adults --why Shouldn't they be able to express those feelings intimately. I've countered That with the fact that there are Many ways to show their love for another person without the sexual being involved. And sometimes love is shown by what a person is willing to refrain From.
            Comment>

I just looked up 1 Timothy 2:11 - 12 -- what does that passage have to do with being gay ?
              Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                I just looked up 1 Timothy 2:11 - 12 -- what does that passage have to do with being gay ?
                I was explaining that it seems like most of the gay ministers are women... So I was pointing out they obviously don't follow nor understand what they preach! In many aspects of scripture.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Bliss View Post

I was explaining that it seems like most of the gay ministers are women... So I was pointing out they obviously don't follow nor understand what they preach! In many aspects of scripture.
                  So -- women are supposed to be quiet in church and listen to their husbands at home. My husband and I were talking about that passage the other day. It came up in an entirely different context. I'm thinking that maybe in that particular church there were a few women who Were out-spoken -- had questions and were disruptive in the process.

How about the situation in post #3 -- the Men.

What are male pastor's teaching their congregations? I've been in churches all my life -- mid 60's presently -- everyone has been busy listening to the pastor.
                  Comment>

So -- women are supposed to be quiet in church and listen to their husbands at home. My husband and I were talking about that passage the other day. It came up in an entirely different context. I'm thinking that maybe in that particular church there were a few women who Were out-spoken -- had questions and were disruptive in the process.

How about the situation in post #3 -- the Men.

What are male pastor's teaching their congregations? I've been in churches all my life -- mid 60's presently -- everyone has been busy listening to the pastor.
                    You can take that scripture in whatever context you like and so can the next person & you can also speculate about what or why that command is there.. But I'd say doing that is dangerous and is most probably what these homosexual ministers are doing to justify their own views..

Dismiss the scripture or don't but it's obviously been written for a reason.. Should we listen and take the scriptures literally? I think so.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Bliss View Post

You can take that scripture in whatever context you like and so can the next person & you can also speculate about what or why that command is there.. But I'd say doing that is dangerous and is most probably what these homosexual ministers are doing to justify their own views..

Dismiss the scripture or don't but it's obviously been written for a reason.. Should we listen and take the scriptures literally? I think so.

And, yes, that passage and all passages in Scripture are there for a reason. I think that's one thing we'll agree to disagree on. I don't see that as being dangerous.
                      Comment>

There Are those who believe that David and Jonathon in the Old Testament were involved in a same-sex relationship due to some of the wording.

2 Samuel 1:26
                        “I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan;
                        You have been very pleasant to me.
                        Your love to me was more wonderful
                        Than the love of women. (NASB)

David Guzik: There is not the slightest hint that David and Jonathan expressed their love in a sexual way. They had a deep, godly love for each other - but not a sexual love. Our modern age often finds it difficult to believe that love can be deep and real without it having a sexual aspect.
                        Study Guide for 2 Samuel 1 by David Guzik

A few other important points:
                        1. John was leaning against the breast of the Lord Jesus but that doesn't mean John was gay - nor does it mean Jesus was gay (John 21:20).
                        2. People "repeatedly" kissed Paul while embracing him but this doesn't mean any of them were gay (Acts 20:37).
                        3. Judas kissed the Lord Jesus but that doesn't mean they were gay (Luke 22:47-48).
                        Comment>

Faber -- yes, that's the passage. And, yes, you're right about this modern age. And it's sad, really.
                          Comment>

And, yes, that passage and all passages in Scripture are there for a reason. I think that's one thing we'll agree to disagree on. I don't see that as being dangerous.
                            I see false teachings as dangerous.. And that's exactly how it starts, with people mixing scriptures context to suit what they believe in.
                            Comment>

This has been a topic which has dumbfounded me just the same. Also, it is fair to mention this verse in this circumstance:

Matthew 7:21 (KJV),
                              "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;..."
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap