A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

What changes and harvest do you get in your life after believing in God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What changes and harvest do you get in your life after believing in God

Everyone can share with others your harvests and changes from believing in God, so that we will see more of God’s deeds and God’s love.

I’ve changed myself in one point after my belief in God. Once, I was in charge of a project. And because of the need of the work, I had to meet the boss of that company. The boss is rich and high in status. Compared with him, I thought I was lower in status. So, I was very nervous, because I was afraid he would look down upon me. Later, a sister told me, “He is the boss, but in the eyes of God, we are all sinners, and we are all equal.“ Then, I was awakened: Yes, we are are all equal in God’s sight. Why should I be afraid of him? With such a thought, when I met the boss of the customers later, I was not so nervous, and I could stay with him naturally, find him pleasant, and get along well with him like friends,
    After experiencing this matter, i learned to treat people properly, because in the eyes of God, everyone is equal. Since then, in my work and life, i no longer look down on the poor or those with a low status, nor do i look up on the rich and those with a high social status, but treat everyone the same. In this way, it is not difficult to get along with anyone. God is really too great, and His words can release man.

Originally posted by happy life View Post
    Everyone can share with others your harvests and changes from beliving in God, so that we will see more of God’s deeds and God’s love.
    I believe the main changes that had occurred immediately after my initial conversion was an idea separation from the world. I could no longer interact, engage, nor socialize with my then social circle. I had stepped away and separated from former acquaintances. I now recite Psalm 1 to convey what I went through:

Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
    nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
    2 but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.
    Slowly, my social circle was replaced. I began replacing questionable social activities (drinking establishments, drugs etc) with church functions, bible studies, and singles groups. Not long after I met my wife, a wonderful helpmeet through a Christian dating site. Things looked very dreary for me at first, feeling a tremendous loneliness. However, through faith I began to identify the greatness of God's plan for my seemingly meaningless and meager life.

I do not work, so I have the luxury of choosing my friends rather than falling or being forced into relationships through work or other social interactions. I try to keep in mind that an idea yoke will have the people in my life working together both physically and spiritually towards a common goal. I have met some great people through our evangelical efforts, first on the web and then in person. It is a privilege to be apart of the Great Commission which has brought meaning and direction into my personal life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Willian, After reading your replies, I am deeply touched by your story, I can see that you are a determined person, If you want to do some thing ,you can do well. but also can see that God can change people , It is very hard to charge from social [/FONT]circle into Christian life.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] God is really so great, He changed you a lot, God bless you.

God bless
      Happy life[/FONT]
      Comment>

Hi Happy Life,

Thank you for your kind words. And just letting you know, the color coding has been disabled in this forum. That is why the bare code was displaying and not functioning.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Hey William, that scripture quote meant a lot to me as well.

I'm actually a closeted christian. As I type this, my atheist family is to my left and they have no idea. All of my friends, family, and family friends are staunchly ANTI-Christian. It is written that Christ will tear families apart and that is soon to take place in my life.

As with you William, I am currently in the awkward process of ending virtually all of my friendships. They could not accept my values, and it is also written that we must not be yoked unequally among unbelievers. I completely understand why. It's very hard, especially on them! I know it is the right thing to do though, and soon I will probably be able to make new Christian friends.
          Comment>

Hi Belgaf - I rejoice that you have responded to God's call on your life, and can declare yourself a believer! Praise God!

Gird yourself throughout the day with His word, and even theatrically going through the motions of the following verses.

Ephesians 6:10-20
            Comment>

Thank you very much Trysch! Even comments from strangers over the internet are extremely helpful, and encouraging.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap