A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Be Aware!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Aware!

I just received a recorded message from this number: 518-889-9595, which I am understanding is a New York area code, saying I have been targeted by the IRS for tax fraud/evasion. The weirdest part about it is it did not mention my name, or any other particular information. This is most likely a scam. If anyone else receives a call from this number do not call it directly. If you have any questions on if you are actually being targeted by the IRS call the directly.

Be sure to report it.

IRS Repeats Warning about Phone Scams

Report Phishing and Online Scams
    Comment>

You aren't the only one to get a call from this number.

518-889-9595 / 5188899595 calls (2)
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

I've gotten these type of phone calls before. They can be pretty upsetting :( Thanks for the heads-up! I always go straight to a search engine now and type the phone number in if things seem fishy.
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Be aware of that kind of call, they might be trying to set you up, do not even bother on talking to them. I have seen that those are some people who try to scam you by telling you that you've been accused for tax evasion so they try to play with your mind and get you confused and worried in order to get all your information so they can screw you up.
          God bless.
          Comment>

No government official will ask for your personal information over the phone because of this. The moment any of them ask for you social security number drop the phone. I had a guy call me pretending to be a police officer from Texas.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap