A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Another one at the Table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one at the Table

Well, the Knotical kid farm is growing again, as my wife is due to bring another wonderful little one into our family in April some time.

We already have a girls name chosen, but are struggling with a boys name. We are hoping for a girl this time around, since we already have 5 boys, we would really like at least one more girl. But in the event that God sees fit to bless us with another boy we are going through the throes of picking a good biblical boy's name. The ones that are either already used or off the table for other reasons are: Timothy, Benjamin, Nathanael, Caleb, Joshua, John, Mark, Matthew, Luke, Jordan, Tobias, Barabas, Barnabas, Jacob, Andrew, Joel, and Seth.

Any suggestions on other good biblical boy's names?

Hi Knotical, David, Michael, Daniel or Jonathan would be excellent Biblical first or middle names to consider. Just stay away from Ichabod (since it means "the glory has departed from Israel").

Yours and His,
    David
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS, that is wonderful news :D

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Hey, how about "Noah Knotical" or "Adam Knotical" and name him after one of his grandfathers ;)

Comment>

Congratulations Knotical!
          Comment>

Elijah or or the Hellenized version, Elias, is a great name for boys. There are some who believe that name's can determine one's destiny. Could be true or false but as Elijah means "my God is Yawheh," each time someone's say the boy's name, they'll be acknowledging that Lord, He is God. Baruch (one who is blessed) could also be a good name.
            Comment>

I am curious, with all these suggestions that you are getting here, are you leaning toward any particular name at this moment? Most of the names suggested here sound really amazing and I think any one of them would be wonderful for your little boy.
              Comment>

We are being a bit more selective this time around. Of course we are still hoping for a girl, and already have a name picked out (at least the first name anyway). We do have quite a while to find something. We do usually find out the gender prior to delivery so we will have that much lead time to actually come up with something should it be a boy.

We are trying to steer clear of names of family members, though having come from a rather large family myself, with many nieces and nephews we will have to get creative.
                Comment>

Well that is certainly some good news, and congrats are in order for you and your wife. If you are looking for Biblical boy's names, I think that I would have to be a little selfish (at least I think it is selfish) and recommend the name I was given - Aaron. To be honest I actually hated my name when I was growing up, but I have come around a lot since then and now I love my name. I am sure that it is the case for a lot of people out there, and I am sure whatever name you choose will be great Congrats again and thanks for sharing.
                  Comment>

Well, I'm very happy for you, you must be feeling really blessed with the arrival of that son of yours!

When it comes to biblical names I really like them all, especially in their Spanish/Hispanic versions, you could actually check them out, I will leave you a list down below, hopefully you feel attracted to any of them.

Isaac
                    Gabriel
                    Isaias
                    Matias
                    Jacobo
                    Moises

Thos are the only ones that crossed my mind, check them out.
                    Comment>

Um. Just to clarify something that people have apparently gotten the wrong impression of (at least for now). We only found out recently that my wife is pregnant, so we have no idea what the gender is. We are hoping for a girl, since we already have 5 boys (and one girl). We have already chosen a name for a girl (Lord willing), but are looking for suggestions for boy names just in case.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
                      Comment>

Some of my favorite names are are biblical. I don't know if you're looking for a unique name but I really like Ananias, Asher, Cornelius, Demetrius, Elisha ( could use Eli as a nickname), Emmanuel, Ezra, Gabriel, Gideon, Isaiah, Ishmael, Jairus, Jason, Jeremiah, Jesse, Jethro, Jordan, Josiah, Laban, Levi, Lucas, Malachi, Marcus, Matthias, Micah, Nadab, Nathan, Nekoda, Nicodemus, Phineas, Thaddaeus, Theophilus, Titus, Tobias, Victor, Zacchaeus, and Zachariah out of the bible. I hope that helps, I'll pray for your wife to have a safe birth.
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap