Discuss everything from courtship to dating and friends and co-workers to the in-laws. (This forum is for discussing ALL relationships, not just romantic ones.)

Relationship limits before marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationship limits before marriage?

Is it good to keep a relationship with your spouse girlfriend before marriage? If it is allowed then what are the limits for it? Is it good to date her and have a child before marriage? As long as I heard it is not allowed to have a child before marriage. Someone told me that we cannot keep a sexual relationship with someone before marriage. What is your suggestion about it?

Originally posted by jahanzeb ali qureshi View Post
    Is it good to keep a relationship with your spouse girlfriend before marriage? If it is allowed then what are the limits for it? Is it good to date her and have a child before marriage? As long as I heard it is not allowed to have a child before marriage. Someone told me that we cannot keep a sexual relationship with someone before marriage. What is your suggestion about it?
    Sexual relationships are only to be enjoyed in the framework that they were intended by God - in holy marriage. Anything outside of marriage is a sin and distortion of the sacred marriage union.

If you are in a sexual relationship with another then as a Christian you must cease. Many people think they'll just get married then and the sinfulness will stop, however, this is usually the furthest thing from the truth. Sexual sins continue in the relationship. If you cease and your potential spouse tempts you then either break off the relationship or marry. It is, as Jesus said better to cut off your own hand or pluck out your eye than to allow yourself to burn in hell. Stop the temptations, and if that means breaking off relationships then it is a small sacrifice.

Not to mention, if you are withholding out from a friend girl that want's to have sex before marriage, what does this say about her view of marriage? Is marriage not worth the self sacrifice to keep one pure and unstained from sexual impurity? Why would you expect someone to be faithful to the marriage covenant after marriage when they show no faithfulness towards the marriage covenant before marriage?

Something to think about :)

I suggest that if you are serious about someone enough to start planning ahead for marriage that you seek premarital counseling in your church. This is a great opportunity for both of you to learn more about each other while being instructed in the word of God. My church did so for my wife and I and they also married us free of charge. A lot of churches are no longer for hire to marry, just for FYI, because LGBT~Q activists have filed one too many discrimination law suits. To protect themselves, some churches only now marry within membership.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

I think it is better to get married to each other rather than cheating. If they are not sincere with each other then they should end up this relation which has no destination. If they really love each other and want to live together forever then they should follow the legal and religious way.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap