Share the joys and trials of raising your children.

How to make sure your child won't become a picky eater?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make sure your child won't become a picky eater?

Food is one blessing of God that we always be thankful for. So it really pains me when I see people wasting food because millions of people around the world are starving to death. I notice that my nephews and nieces are picky eaters. Some of them don't eat vegetables while others don't eat meat. I do not want to have children who are picky eaters and disrespect God's grace.

I see some parents raised their children well to be not picky eaters. How can I have kids who are not picky eaters. How can I have kids who are happy that they have something to eat instead of a someone who complains and begs for a junk food instead?

On the one hand you may not be able to raise all of your children to not be picky eaters. But on the other there are ways to avoid certain aversions to certain foods. For us we hardly ever have junk food in the home, so when our kids want a snack they will either have an apple or carrot. Junk food is basically just once in a while at a large gathering.

That being said, I, myself have never cared for tomatoes, mushrooms, most nuts (pecans, walnuts, cashews, etc...), and some kinds of fruits and vegetables, and don't really fault my kids if they don't like any of those things. After all, it would be kind of hypocritical of me, right? Now we do at least have them try certain things, and if we are at a party we just tell them if they don't like something don't put it on their plate. That way it won't get thrown away by them and someone else who enjoys those things may do so.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap