Share the joys and trials of raising your children.

How can a parent convince his son to keep his virginity before marriage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a parent convince his son to keep his virginity before marriage?

I think it is easier to raise an obstinate daughter because most girls are more submissive to their parents. Most boys on the other hand have this longing to be cool in front of his peers. Many teenage boys wanted to lose their virginity as soon as possible because of peer pressure. They have this assumption that they are less of a man if they cannot bed a woman. We live in a society where a man sleeping around with multiple partners is seen as cool and acceptable.

How can parents convince their son to value his chastity in a world where people looks down on a virgin man?

Raise an online gamer. He will remain celebate whether he wishes to or not. If that doesnt work, I hear there is estrogen in the tap water...
    Comment>

A parent can teach / encourage their teenage sons about healthy sexuality -- ultimately it's up to the individual to make their personal choices. From early on teach Biblical morality / ethics. Teens will learn Plenty from their peers. Guys don't get 'caught' by getting pregnant. But when their girlfriend gets pregnant .....there will be that price to pay.

Parents need to start teaching their sons early to 'say no' to their hormones. It's not Popular, but it Is possible to refrain. Boys need to acknowledge the consequences. of their behavior.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
        A parent can teach / encourage their teenage sons about healthy sexuality -- ultimately it's up to the individual to make their personal choices.
        I agree.

When talking to a teenage boy about the importance of virginity, it is important to stress the dangers of having sexual partners before marriage. The fact that no protection can prevent them from getting STDs or unwanted pregnancies will surely deter them, even a little. Also, attending to Christian groups with young people helped me a lot during my teenage years. It's easier to battle peer pressure from non-Christians by having your own support group.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap