Discuss how to be the helpmate that God intended for your spouse.

Applying the Gospel to your marriage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying the Gospel to your marriage.

I'm not a good writer but I hope you guys can manage me. The article is very long but i'll drop the link to it.

Life in this end time is becoming difficult, it’s so bad that only few are standing for God. We are in a time when the INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE has been thrown away, even MARRIAGE. Every day we wake to see evil and wickedness around us. We are in the era of homosexuals and lesbians but as a believer what will you do? Will you conform to this world? For those who are Christians and who firmly believe in God's word, His standard of one-man, one-woman marriage, please meditate on this Bible verse: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land”. ( 2 Ch 7:14 Kjv)

The institution of marriage was established in Genesis 2:23-24 "The man said, ‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called “woman,” for she was taken out of man.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." God created man and then made woman to complement him. Marriage is “fix” by God for ....continue please Link

Well this is certainly a worthwhile application of the gospels, and it would be really interesting to dive right in and see how well our marriages stack up. I am guessing that there are several passages that make sense, and then others that might not apply. I have not read the entire article, it is pretty long, but I do intend to and I find it very interesting. From what I read, though, if we can take these lessons and see them in the grand picture, I do think that it can provide some quality insights into our relationships and perhaps offer some solutions to common marital problems, or at least provide an avenue for discussion. Thanks for sharing.
    Comment>

You're welcome ... find time to read the article, it really helped me.
      Comment>

The teachings of Christ should be applied in every facet of our lives.
        . . . a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.
        Something those who are for same sex marriages conveniently ignore. One man. One woman. The two become one flesh. That's what marriage should be. And the couple should love each other. If you love everyone (including your spouse) same way you love yourself, you'll never do anything that will hurt them and two of you will be happy.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap