A mysterious object seen in the sky for which, it is claimed, no orthodox scientific explanation can be found

UFOs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do believe yes because I've seen some really strange things. I'm of the belief of that it is somewhat selfish to believe that we are here on this planet alone. Now, I don't believe in little green aliens walking among space; however, I think there is some sort of alternate life out there.
    Comment>

Here is the interview with Dr. Carol Rosin, whoc worked with Dr. Wernher von Braun, and she relates the story of him warning her about the wars that would be upcoming concerning the United States, as well as how it would end with the story of an imminent alien invasion.
      She goes into great detail about when she first met Dr. von Braun, and how she watched all of the events that he had warned her would happen,begin to take place as the years went by.
      Nahum There are other references to this on the internet,if you would like to reference it further; but this will give you a starting point.

Mayan Majix - Articles - Testimony of Dr Carol Rosin

Another interesting fact is that although von Braun was a Nazi, and not kown as a Christian, his epitaph on his tombtone is a scripture quote, Psalms 19:1, which says "the heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament sheweth His handiwork", suggesting that before he died, von Braun believed in divine creation of this world.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
        Here is the interview with Dr. Carol Rosin, whoc worked with Dr. Wernher von Braun, and she relates the story of him warning her about the wars that would be upcoming concerning the United States, as well as how it would end with the story of an imminent alien invasion.
        So it is second hand, she is the only source of the alleged conversation, and it was repeated after Braun's death. I didn't turn up a lot on Rosin outside a bunch of material on some really out there conspiracy sites. She did partner with Alfred Webre in creating ICIS. Said individual is a UFO believer, 9/11 "Truther", and is involved with some other really wacky stuff (e.g., chemtrails, HAARP as a weapon, free energy movement, etc.). Eh, sorry and no offense, but this doesn't sound particularly credible.
        Comment>

I do believe in UFOs but I don't think they have actually traveled around earth before, because unless they come from a really close planet, the earth is probably way too young for external life to find us, let alone visit us. It's plain stupidity to deny there being any other living creatures in the universe as life's miracle could spawn anywhere.
          Comment>

I definitely believe that there is life beyond our planet. It would be silly for me to assume that our planet is the only planet holding any form of intelligent life. It wouldn't surprise me if we've already made contact. I have never thought of the earth being a young planet, but Cecejailer gave me something to think about. We are probably much less intelligent than an older planet holding life. What blows my mind is that we cannot even imagine what other life looks like because it's unknown.
            Comment>

Originally posted by cecejailer View Post
              I do believe in UFOs but I don't think they have actually traveled around earth before, because unless they come from a really close planet, the earth is probably way too young for external life to find us, let alone visit us. It's plain stupidity to deny there being any other living creatures in the universe as life's miracle could spawn anywhere.
              G'day cecejailer,

But that's simply not true. For example, if gravity varied only slightly the universe would not be habitable for life. In relation to other forces in nature, gravity must be fine tuned to one part in 1040 (that's one part in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000). Second, Cambridge physicist Stephen Hawking observed that, "If the rate of expansion one second after the big bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million million, the universe would have recollapsed before reaching its present size".

There are actually nineteen such universal constants that must each be perfectly fine tuned. Clearly, the odds against us being here are vanishingly small.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

UFO by definition as unidentified flying objects, then yes I'd say those exist. As for aliens being another species within the universe from another planet, no.

I do believe we encounter the supernatural world, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.Ephesians 6:12

I think much of this experience in the area of aliens and abductions is most likely spiritual warfare and entities of this sort.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                  No, I don't believe in UFOs. If I saw something going through the air and didn't know what it was, I'd just dismiss it as an unidentified flying object.
                  Are you aware that UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object? Perhaps you meant if you saw an UFO you wouldn't think it was aliens.
                  Comment>

Even though I do believe in some extraterrestrial life, I don't believe in UFOs until I see one. The reason is that I can't accept the fact that in the whole universe we are the only living beings, and yet if we are not you could ask:"Why haven't we met anyone yet then". Well the time is a relative thing, and we don't have the technology they do probably, or they don't have the technology we do, and all the other stuff like that. But UFOs, no, I don't believe anyone has seen one so far.
                    Comment>

Interesting, if we take the view as Fergus has above, that there is intelligent life somewhere other than on our planet, and let me say here that I do not perceive of any good reason why that is wrong, then why wouldn't there be the possibility of UFOs?

Whilst I do not profess to having seen a UFO and have not spoken with anyone who has, does not preclude the possibility that suchthings exist. After all I have not seen God or Angels that I am aware of either but I believe whole heartedly in them!

And Jesus did say he has many sheep from many sheep folds, nobody said those sheep folds had to be on this planet!
                      Comment>

Job 38 :(31-32) 31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? 32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

I have always found this scripture interesting. We see the statement referring to "Arcturus with his sons" and various constellations. We also here other similar language through scripture such as the "sons of God", and the "morning stars".

Are these the names and the dwellings of many different types of beings in the cosmos?

Food for thought.
                        Comment>

I do not believe in aliens or UFOs. I believe it is all hoax and disinformation. We have been searching for intelligent life outside Earth for over a century and have found nothing.

I believe the universe is the size it is to show the glory and power of the Almighty God as stated in Scripture.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by tugz View Post

Job 38 :(31-32) 31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? 32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

I have always found this scripture interesting. We see the statement referring to "Arcturus with his sons" and various constellations. We also here other similar language through scripture such as the "sons of God", and the "morning stars".

Are these the names and the dwellings of many different types of beings in the cosmos?

Food for thought.
                            Morning stars are symbolic. A star represents an angel or messenger symbolically. The sons of God are angels and sometimes very holy men.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

G'day cecejailer,

But that's simply not true. For example, if gravity varied only slightly the universe would not be habitable for life. In relation to other forces in nature, gravity must be fine tuned to one part in 1040 (that's one part in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000). Second, Cambridge physicist Stephen Hawking observed that, "If the rate of expansion one second after the big bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million million, the universe would have recollapsed before reaching its present size".

There are actually nineteen such universal constants that must each be perfectly fine tuned. Clearly, the odds against us being here are vanishingly small.

God bless,
                              William
                              Gravity is one of around 30 constants that are fine-tuned. Each is independent of the other as well. The cosmological constant is the most fine-tuned as 10^-120. To give an idea of the scale of that number, there are approximately 10^78 atoms in the known universe. Anything greater than 10^-50 is considered virtually impossible. Yet, that is just one independent constant. Unreal! The Lord is truly Mighty and Great!
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap