Why should Christians feed a company and help it stay in business, “knowing that it is going to use money to support an anti-Christian agenda?”

Boycotting Target?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just install single-occupancy bathrooms and everyone on every side of the issue is fine.
    Comment>

As an Englishman I am only familiar with separate gender toilets in shopping stores..
      although I have heard about the gender neutral toilets I personally find it socially unacceptable.. it's certainly perverse, and is just asking for trouble.. it's children who I feel sorry for with a government who make life easier for pedophiles and perverts to do their filthy acts..

I see this topic more political than religious.. however we should all know how our faith feels towards the sexually immoral.. boycotting seems a fair deal to me.. but what I do not find fair is society becoming more sexually immoral & glamorising it as something to be proud of., as if it's cool to be a homosexual or transgender.. that's what bothers me personally.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Jester85 View Post
        Just install single-occupancy bathrooms and everyone on every side of the issue is fine.
        I'll make a sign for the door

Click image for larger version

Name:	cousin it.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1,009.7 KB
ID:	29770

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Honestly, it's not like transgendered people only started existing yesterday and haven't been using their preferred restrooms all along. By and large, they're there to pee, not as part of any sinister agenda. I understand the concerns about pedophiles or other creepers posing as transgendered to creep on kids or other people, but small children shouldn't be left unattended in public restrooms anyway. Also the single occupancy restrooms would settle these concerns, which is why I think it's just the pragmatic option that no one on any side of the issue should have a major problem with.
          Comment>

How many genders are there? Two, three? More? You want everyone to use the restroom of their biological gender. Okay, which restroom do hermaphrodites use? You say that there are only 2 genders & that being transgender is a sin. First, transgender is not the same as cross-dressing which is a sin. Second, if you say that God doesn't make mistakes, does that mean that hermaphrodites are in sin if they try to correct that? There are many birth defects that are corrected surgically so why would it be a sin for them to seek corrective surgery? It is possible for people to be born with both physical gender so are you willing to say that transgendered people are always in sin? That it is never a matter of how they're mentally hard wired? Are you willing to make a blanket judgement against an entire class of people based on what could be a misunderstanding that verses prohibiting cross-dressing include transgender? What if you are wrong? What if some people are in a body not corresponding with their internal identity? Personally I'd rather give them the benefit of a doubt & let God judge them concerning whether they are wrong on these issues. And as far as the restrooms go, Europeans have been using unisex restrooms for decades, it's not that big a deal.
            Comment>

Originally posted by CatRandy View Post
              Okay, which restroom do hermaphrodites use?
              How many people are hermaphrodites? The transgender controversy is about people who are clearly either male or female who see themselves as being of the opposite sex. If someone is genuinely androgyne so that his true sex can't be clearly determined I believe he should have the right to use the restroom of his choice, but people like this are very rare.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>

I'm not going to play God & declare by my divine fiat that there's nothing to the transgender issue & that they're all perverts who are confused. Doctors have said that there are legitimate issues involved, but conservative Christians assume that those doctors are all either lying or just have an agenda. It seems a lot more like when people were burned at the stake for believing that the earth orbits around the sun, until they found out that the verses they were relying on don't have anything to do with the issues involved. Of course by then it was too late for the people who were burned.
                Comment>

Originally posted by CatRandy View Post
                  I'm not going to play God & declare by my divine fiat that there's nothing to the transgender issue & that they're all perverts who are confused. Doctors have said that there are legitimate issues involved, but conservative Christians assume that those doctors are all either lying or just have an agenda. It seems a lot more like when people were burned at the stake for believing that the earth orbits around the sun, until they found out that the verses they were relying on don't have anything to do with the issues involved. Of course by then it was too late for the people who were burned.
                  Your post is funny! For hundreds if not thousands of years transgenderism has been known as a psychological abnormality. A/k/a crazy! Are their legitimate issues with crazy people. Of course they are real issues. That doesn't mean that you start making laws to make crazy people think they are sane. Now that would also be crazy!!! Hint, hint.
                  Comment>

I've never liked shopping at Target and as a truck driver, I can tell you delivering to their warehouses is no picnic, either. If these people want to stick their toe into the deep side of the populist pool, let them. They will reap the benefits of catoring to a small insignificant group of confused people while ignoring the greater part of society that really just wants to live their lives and don't want other peoples politics shoved down their throat.

President Obama started this, not by putting any political effort into accomplishing anything for the Transgender community, but it toss out a mandate that would send the religious community into spasms. He did that as a ploy to rally the Democratic base against what he most likely saw as a strong Republican chance of taking the White House. All they had was a women who was almost universally disliked and he needed a issue that might bring more people out than just what Hillary would do.

Thank God that bid didn't take flight, because if it did, we would be far worse off than just dealing with Danny in a Dress waiting inline to tinkle in the ladies room.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap