Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

TV tells me that buying a pool or a spa will connect me to other people and family!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV tells me that buying a pool or a spa will connect me to other people and family!

Isn't it strange how TV commercials talk about family values and being close to other people being connected and living a good and happy life and then spoil the lovely images by telling us that all these good things will come if we buy a pool or a spa. Makes you wonder how advertising folk can be so crass ...

Jesus said it is impossible to serve both God and Mammon. Most people in the advertising profession have chosen to serve Mammon and they are loyal to their god.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      Jesus said it is impossible to serve both God and Mammon. Most people in the advertising profession have chosen to serve Mammon and they are loyal to their god.
      Even so they are made in God's image and it is evident that they feel and understand about the goodness of life and family and friends. Exactly how they see it I cannot say but they do see something.

That's what makes me think it is strange for them to talk about it and then say "buy a pool and this is all yours". ...
      Comment>

Originally posted by peppermint View Post
        That's what makes me think it is strange for them to talk about it and then say "buy a pool and this is all yours"
        When I read this sentence I thought about what Satan said to Jesus, "Worship me and all the kingdoms of the world are yours."

God does give everyone an innate understanding of right and wrong but many reject this knowledge and that leaves them open to Satanic influence.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

I don't know but I think this is a bad way of advertising and creating wrong assumptions in the minds of people watching it. Why advertise like this while there are numerous ways to market for their pools and spas? Nowadays, the advertisements are too ridiculous by linking unrelated things in order to reach the people.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap