Catch the latest breaking news stories and current events from around the world.

Muslims will outnumber Christians by 2100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims will outnumber Christians by 2100

Islam is the world's fastest growing religion but despite the increasing numbers, Christians will still outnumber Muslims in 2050, a new reporthas found.

Religion, despite its decline in the West as the map above shows, is proliferating across the world - by 2050, Muslims will make up 10 per cent of Europe's population. By 2100, Muslims will outnumber Christians globally, Pew believe.

"By the year 2100, about 1 per cent more of the world’s population would be Muslim (35 per cent) than Christian (34 per cent)," the authors wrote.

Link

We are all cousins anyway, so it's good to have a bigger family to pray to the Lord and for peace in our only world. I see no problem if we live in peace!
    Comment>

Originally posted by seupaulo View Post
      We are all cousins anyway, so it's good to have a bigger family to pray to the Lord and for peace in our only world. I see no problem if we live in peace!
      Muslims praying to the Lord? what is that?
      Comment>

Originally posted by inlight12 View Post

Muslims praying to the Lord? what is that?
        There is only one God, so, only one lord. It is clear for all people with open religion view that the important part is being good and not the name you gave for our savior. Don't you agree?
        Comment>

I am not against the Muslims nor any other religion. Sometimes I am just candid with my posts as if I'm conversing with friends. Pardon me if I have posted something offending to any of your belief.

With this thread, I agree that Muslims will someday outnumber the Christians and other religions because of their lifestyle. Muslim men are allowed to have up to 4 wives legally and more if the man has a position in the government or is a royal blood. With that kind of life where a man can have so many children, it is no wonder that Muslims with their big families will surely be the most populous in terms of followers. And a Muslim friend said that they don't generally allow inter-marriage with people from other relgion.
          Comment>

I do not mind muslims. In fact one of my dearest friend is a muslim and she is one of the most wonderful person I have ever met. I do not quite understand the religion but I try to. It doesn't matter to me if muslims outnumber christians. I am not against any of the religions either. What bothers me is if the situation going on in the middle east will continue to spread around the world. I do hope we can continue to live in somewhat peace. I say somewhat since we certainly aren't quite at peace yet.
            Comment>

Many people who identify themselves as "Christians" actually aren't Christians. How were Christians identified so they could be murdered or imprisoned during in the days of the apostles. It's their lifestyle. It was different. They loved each other. Everyone saw Christ in them. As we don't have too many of such Christians these days, fact is true Christians already are outnumbered by Muslims.
              Comment>

I do not know if that will be true or not. For one thing, God is calling people out if he Muslim faith to Himself in record numbers. People in Muslim countries are having dreams of Jesus, people are seeing what ISIS is doing and seeking to know more about Christianity because of how ISIS is trying to destroy it. The Bible says things will get very bad in the end, but we do not even know if there will be a 2100, but we do know that God works all things for the Good of those who love Him, no matter where they live of what their circumstances are in this life. So we really don't need to worry about it.
                Comment>

Not a problem. All this means is that Muslims make more babies and call it religious growth.

Christianity always thrives in the underground anyway.
                  Comment>

There is only one God, so, only one lord. It is clear for all people with open religion view that the important part is being good and not the name you gave for our savior. Don't you agree?
                    Not at all. I don't agree at all.

What are good works? Beheading the infidel? Perhaps deceiving them to advance the nation of Islam? Are these not good works according to the prophet Mooooohamad?
                    Comment>

This doesn't really mean that Christianity will fade away, it just means more Muslims would be born from this time until the target date. And to be honest, with the growing rate of terrorist acts fulled by "religion", I have read lots of news about muslims converting to Christianity in a town in Iraq to avoid the stigma that follows being a muslim these days. Sure, it may not be their fault, but the ongoing acts of these rebels and terrorists in the name of their "God" is giving people more and more reasons not to actually BE a muslim.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by OursIsTheFury View Post
                        This doesn't really mean that Christianity will fade away, it just means more Muslims would be born from this time until the target date. And to be honest, with the growing rate of terrorist acts fulled by "religion", I have read lots of news about muslims converting to Christianity in a town in Iraq to avoid the stigma that follows being a muslim these days. Sure, it may not be their fault, but the ongoing acts of these rebels and terrorists in the name of their "God" is giving people more and more reasons not to actually BE a muslim.
                        I think there are two types of Muslims. Those that profess the Qur'an and don't do, making themselves a hypocrite. And then those that actually do, do, which makes them an extremist or terrorist. Those that profess only the teachings of the Qur'an proclaim radical ideology that no liberal wants to hold them accountable for.
                        Comment>

It is not possible that our God which tells us to love our neighbor is the same God that tells muslims to murder infidels. There are other lesser gods as is revealed "thou shall have no other gods before me". There are the gods of Hinduism and other eastern religions. They are not all the same god and they are certainly not our God.

Trying to be good is nice, but in the end we are still all sinners that need to be saved. Salvation is a gift not one of us deserve, but is granted by our loving savior. If one has an open religious view then one should consider all the violence in the koran, as well as the use of sharia law, and contemplate if these ideas really fit in with other religions, especially Christianity.

Truly one good thing about Islam is it gives good food for thought for those open minded seekers who have thought all religions are about peace and love, thinking it doesn't really matter which one belongs to, as they view them as all leading to the same place.
                          Comment>

They may be the next big mission field. Interesting case in point- the SELK, a free German Lutheran church body has about 33,000 members. Last year they baptized 1500 Muslims. That means already that 4.5% of the denomination is ex-Muslim. I attended a baptism service recently and of the 22 people baptized, 19 were Muslim and the others also immigrants. I baptized one Muslim last year, and his wife will be this year.

The Gospel is hard to stop.
                            Comment>

Muslims don't pray to our God, they pray to Allah. The Koran is not the Bible. Jesus is supposedly acknowledged as a prophet but he isn't our savior. Not only that but Jesus is beneath Muhammad in the Islamic religion. Which is insulting considering that Muhammad was illiterate and married to a six year old child. Jesus died on the cross for our sins and came back. We are not cousins other than the Islamic religion heavily borrowed the power of Abraham to solidify their power. Don't forget that an Islamic terrorist would have not issue killing a Christian for not being Islamic.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap