View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Let's get the word out on stopping this bill!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get the word out on stopping this bill!

In California there is currently a new state bill, SB18, that is being supported by Dr. Pan, who is also a senator in this state. It basically would take rights away from the parents and give them to the state to decide what the best interests of children are. This is just another attempt by the left to get CRC pushed through at the state level. It must be stopped, if you value your rights as a parent, and do not want the government getting involved in raising our children.

Absolutely. It must not happen. Unfortunately I have seen the results of The State involved with raising children. Bottom line is each time a child is taken that County gets a lot if state and federal funding. The people chosen as foster families in many instances are lazy, immoral, people who are in it for the money. Not everyone is, there are those thst really care, but I know in PA as an example people use it to supplement income. 4 children equals around 3k a month, plus incom ed tax benefits, etc. I've personally seen foster families where the home is worse than where the children were.
    Ag as in not all are bad, but it creates a situation where the State comes in your tell you how to raise your children and many of these social workers are a joke. Seriously telling you what color you should paint your kids rooms?
    YES go in where there is absolutely abuse, where kids are not fed, where they are beaten, mental abuse, etc. But it's being used as a way for people to retaliate against someone, or in the case of divorce.
    Comment>

Well, I'm a supporter of the government being hands off in regards to people's personal lives in general. The foster system is a train wreck in many cases, and child protective services totally drop the ball time and time again and seem to fall to one extreme or another of either not doing anything to help a child in a truly abusive situation, or on the flip side removing children from their rightful families for petty unwarranted reasons.
      Comment>

Well, I have a reservation about opposing the bill. I believe the courts have overstepped their boundary by allowing same sex to parent a child through adoption. Now go here and look at this: “You Are You” looks at a gender nonconforming camp for boys (PHOTOS).

Would opposing the bill prevent intervention to stop this kinda thing?

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

The wording in the bill is just to vague, which will lead to other unnecessary, ungodly, laws. As Jester85 pointed out the CPS currently has a shoddy track record with protecting children as it is. There are even reports where kids end up with foster families that are actually involved in human trafficking. The government needs to just back off.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
            The wording in the bill is just to vague, which will lead to other unnecessary, ungodly, laws. As Jester85 pointed out the CPS currently has a shoddy track record with protecting children as it is. There are even reports where kids end up with foster families that are actually involved in human trafficking. The government needs to just back off.
            Granted, but given the "geographical politics" of the bill, I highly doubt that my reasoning is behind the bill.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Granted, but given the "geographical politics" of the bill, I highly doubt that my reasoning is behind the bill.

God bless,
              William
              I doubt there is any real reasoning behind the development of this bill. The author only cites scientific research that supports his argument for this bill. Smells more like another liberal agenda than it does any real concern for the welfare of the children of this state.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap