View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Donald Trump is Elected 45th President of the U.S.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump is Elected 45th President of the U.S.

In an historic and unprecedented election, Donald Trump has emerged victorious, getting the 270 needed electoral votes to officially become the 45th president of the U.S.

Many viewed Trump as the underdog since the primaries, but he has shown time and time again that he is able to overcome the odds.

Early on on election night Trump made headlines by taking Ohio and then Florida, two key swing states. Ohio has 18 electoral votes and Florida has 29.

Trump also broke through what many commentators were referring to as “the blue wall” by taking the state of Wisconsin which normally has been a locked down blue state.

Trump also took the key states of Iowa, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania while Clinton took the swing states of Virginia and Nevada.

Fox News’s Chris Wallace called Trump’s victory “The most improbable victory in the history of our presidency.”

The narrative that played out on election night surprised both voters and pundits. At the beginning of the election coverage Clinton was projected to win, but as the night went on, political commentators said Trump’s message to the common people had really gotten through as state after state went red.

Fox News reported that although many people said that both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were not qualified to be preseident, when it came down to it, 69 percent of this group decided to vote for Trump.

Trump appeared at his campaign headquarters in New York and spoke to the crowd gathered, thanking his supporters and his family, Clinton did not appear Tuesday night.

Source: Donald Trump is Elected 45th President of the U.S. - Christian News Headlines

Unbelievable, amazing!
    Comment>

Pleasantly surprised that he won. I credit devine intervention. Here's why: The universities, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Hollywood, and 90% of the TV media were against Trump, yet he won.
      Comment>

I wonder if all those so-called celebrities who said they would leave the USA if Trump won are packing their bags and making reservations. I certainly hope they are. Good bye and Good riddance.
        Comment>

Franklin Graham wrote a wonderful post on Facebook about why and how Donald Trump achieved this amazing victory, in spite of all the odds stacked against his winning. Even the Christians were divided in their predictions of who would win the presidency, although most of them were hoping that Trump would somehow win.
          Now that he has made it over the first hurdle, we need to keep praying for our President-elect. He still has to make it long enough to be able to actually inaugurated into office in January, and then he will need all of us praying for him to have wisdom and ability to make the best judgements for this country.
          Even as a low-income person, we have felt the rise in medical costs since Obamacare was put into place, and this is one of the first things that Donald Trump has said that he would take care of, is to repeal and then replace Obamacare with a much better insurance plan.
          People were posting on Facebook and calling in to the local radio programs to tell everyone how much their premiums had gone up again this year; and doctors are now having to jump through more hoops with Medicare for important diagnostic tests that should be easily approved.
          After that, Trump has said that he intends to work on fixing the tax system, and getting manufacturing companies back into America again, so we will have more available jobs here, and not just import so many things from China. These would surely put the country and our economy off to a good start if President Trump is able to do even part of what he has planned for this country.

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
            I wonder if all those so-called celebrities who said they would leave the USA if Trump won are packing their bags and making reservations. I certainly hope they are. Good bye and Good riddance.
            Unfortunately, as of Friday nearly everyone who made those claims has backed up and said, "I said it in jest". I used the quotes because nearly all of them have reported the same thing and used the same words. Miley Sirus was a little different because she did a selfie while crying but said she would try to support the president elect.
            Al Sharpton also said "I said it in jest" but didn't indicate whether or not he would submit to the IRS nor to the new president elect.

What was funny though, is when it only looked like Trump would win the election the Canadian immigration web site crashed.

Now, the disturbing thing is all of the so called peaceful protests that are appearing nightly across the country and the assassination threats accumulating on the desks of the secret service. As of yet, Obama, Clinton nor any of the present resident in the White House's cronies has appeared in the media excoriating those who would do harm to this country or the president elect.

At this point in time, it is even more important to pray for our country than it was pre-election. God did indeed intervene and Trump was elected but now there are those who would rather see our country torn to shreds than give the legally elected new president a chance to help re-unite the U.S.A.

God Bless.........Bobby
            Comment>

Originally posted by Bobby Cole View Post
              Unfortunately, as of Friday nearly everyone who made those claims has backed up and said, "I said it in jest". I used the quotes because nearly all of them have reported the same thing and used the same words. Miley Sirus was a little different because she did a selfie while crying but said she would try to support the president elect. Al Sharpton also said "I said it in jest" but didn't indicate whether or not he would submit to the IRS nor to the new president elect.
              WHAT? They were only kidding. Now I am sad. lol

Comment>

I personally think every person who said they would leave should be given thirty days to do so, and if they do not, they should be arrested and shot for treason, or at minimum, jailed for life.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
                  WHAT? They were only kidding. Now I am sad. lol
                  I would not have you sad Origen so possibly we can think of things in a better light. These nay sayers who reported that they would leave are likened to a small child who holds his breath during a temper tantrum. A parent might do one of three things. Succumb to the threat, squirt the little face with a squirt gun loaded with water (my favorite) or simply stand there and laugh. At any rate, the puffed up face turns red and a threat of eminent death is fortold but sooner or later the child must come up for air. With the exception of the child temporarily gasping with each new breath, the tantrum is over and peace will be observed in the valley once again.

Other than that, good air in, bad air out......repeat until a Kumbaya experience or hyperventilation occurs.

God Bless........Bobby
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                    I personally think every person who said they would leave should be given thirty days to do so, and if they do not, they should be arrested and shot for treason, or at minimum, jailed for life.
                    Though our sentiments might be pretty close I have stated on a number of occasions in different discussion venues that Alcatraz should be reopened and filled with those who hate this country but still live here. They would be cared for but would never touch the American soil as long as they live.

A good read might be "Man without a country" by Edward Everette Hale in 1863 which portrays a Lieutenant who renounces his country and finds himself on a ship anchored within sight of his disowned land.

Comment>

Originally posted by Bobby Cole View Post
                      Other than that, good air in, bad air out......repeat until a Kumbaya experience or hyperventilation occurs.

God Bless........Bobby
                      Got it. Keep breathing. Thank you Bobby I needed that.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                        Yikes!!! No body get on Diego's bad side. Just kidding brother.

Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap