View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

Court Force Gay Option on Dating App

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Force Gay Option on Dating App

This is an obvious infringement on our rights and the business rights to not have a gay option. She brought up a great point but the LGBT community also failed to realize that what they are is counter-God and the Bible. It's also a failed opportunity for a 'Christian' gay person to make a gay app for themselves.

Give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. If the court desires that Christianmingle include include gay people to find others like them on the iste then they should but if they feel it's un-Christian then they have to make a tough choice which they wont because they are in [online dating] for the money.
    Comment>

Sheila Gunn makes a great point about how some entrepreneurial type person might have made a fortune by putting together a dating site just for the LGBT community... an opportunity that is most likely now lost because someone had a bee in their bonnet over a dating site that they felt excluded them in some way. I really doubt if there were no gay people on the Christian Mingle site, actually. Several have probably found their way around the profile limitations in some way and managed to become members regardless. I wonder if the LGBT people have done this to other dating sites as well? Why does it always have to be the Christian sites that get pounced on. They wouldn't do it to a Muslim dating site, if such sites exist.
      Comment>

I question, if one must put "gay", why not homosexual or sodomite on a Christian site? If they want to be included on a Christian site should they not use Christian terminology?

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
          I question, if one must put "gay", why not homosexual or sodomite on a Christian site? If they want to be included on a Christian site should they not use Christian terminology?

God bless,
          William
          Your response made me laugh, technically they probably should. But then they would cry to the social justice warriors about the micro-aggressions and hate speech. But I kind of wish a Christian site would call them on it though. It's a lie that God is okay with homosexuality that is continued to be passed around to socially okay the irregular 'preference'.
          Comment>

This is just an example of the increasing turn to fascism of our central government where diversity of thought is crushed under the heavy boot of political correctness and anti-Christian legislation. The 'social warriors' will only be happy when Christianity is subjugated much like it is in China under the Communist regime or as it was in Russia under Lenin/Stalin/Khrustchev
            Comment>

I thought that there were gay dating sites already. What about sites that cater to overweight individuals or people over 50 or apps that cater to african americans? Who ever made that ruling made an error in judgement.
              Comment>

Yeah this seems like a bit of an overreach for a court to have to rule this. I agree with filmjunkie08 - I respect all the rights of everyone no matter what sexual orientation or whatever but who is to say who needs to be included in private businesses. If people are against it let the market speak and have their business suffer....issue solved. I just think some things do not need constant oversight.
                Comment>

I thought that there were gay dating sites already. What about sites that cater to overweight individuals or people over 50 or apps that cater to african americans? Who ever made that ruling made an error in judgement.
                  The judge is doing what everyone else is doing. Whether they are pro-LGBT or not, when their job is on the line they'll do whatever it takes to keep their job. That said, I think homosexuals "christians" if they badly wanted a site where they'd meet others like them would simply have created a site of their own for "christian homosexuals."
                  Comment>

I heard about this before. The judge did not rule on this, the judge only allowed a settlement. This should have gone to trial and still could if it happens to another Christian site who is more interested in Christianity than money.

If I owned this site I would rather close it down than abide by the terms of the settlement.
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap