View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health.

My biggest problem with Trump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest problem with Trump

For the most part when it comes to Trump dealing with a business that is struggling, or is not profitable, he will just declare bankruptcy and either sell it off, dissolve it, or in rare circumstances reorganize it. Will he do that with the government? Is that even an option when you are dealing with an organization that is so overly wasteful and corrupt that it may be beyond saving?

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
    For the most part when it comes to Trump dealing with a business that is struggling, or is not profitable, he will just declare bankruptcy and either sell it off, dissolve it, or in rare circumstances reorganize it. Will he do that with the government? Is that even an option when you are dealing with an organization that is so overly wasteful and corrupt that it may be beyond saving?
    That's the thing, I think Cruz's limitations were based on Constitutional power. With Trump, who knows? I see no reason to believe that he will not push the limits of his power and overreach as much as Obama. Question I have is whether Trump will be a "dead duck" if the Republican's keep power in both the Senate and Congress. Although I question the loyalties to the Constitution and GOP platform by what seems as a RINO leaning now in the Republican party.

I can't answer your question as to Trump's loyalty when it comes to people that are difficult, and whether he will "abort" departments of Government at first hardship.
    Comment>

Oh there are plenty of departments in our current government that could go bye-bye as far as I am concerned, or at the very least extremely streamlined. There are some things in this country that are overly regulated and need to be pulled back significantly.
      Comment>

Well technically, Bill Clinton sold part of America to China. So yes, it is possible for the government to sell part of America to another country. I think he will do what he does to business is downsize the bloated government we have. He will strip the unnecessary programs and spending. If he drops taxes for the whole country, it will encourage more companies to either come here, grow, or start. With more companies paying smaller taxes and more people working and off welfare, he has a higher chance of taking on the 20 trillion debt than the democrats who want to jack up the taxes for everyone and smother any economic growth in America. There is a practical benefit to having a business man who understands economics than idealist who ideas don't work in the real world. There is nothing with dissolving and selling a business or property in business. It is part of the game in business and shouldn't be looked at as a negative. Trump is probably the only one to reject a mistake as soon as it's unviable instead of holding on to it forever like most politicians.
        Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
          here is nothing with dissolving and selling a business or property in business. It is part of the game in business and shouldn't be looked at as a negative. Trump is probably the only one to reject a mistake as soon as it's unviable instead of holding on to it forever like most politicians.
          Yes but we're not only talking about a business here, we're talking about the viability of the US economy and people. If he decides to drop e.g. scholarships and handicapacity-support funds instead of war operations, there's several people that will find themselves homeless and broken. Debts and minimum wage are a very real and crippling factor that clip the wings of many citizens early on. You can't be e.g. a widow with 5 children working service in a restaurant for pennies and expect to survive without help, and you can't expect to have an educated workforce when students have to pay thrice the size of their tuition in debt just to get a degree.

I also feel that in the tax reduction of the companies, there won't be any smooth economical growth in the USA if they stash all their earnings in off-shore accounts like Panama & Swiss Banks. In order for smooth economy to take place they need to recirculate that money into their market via investments and casual spending.
          Comment>

He's an idiot, he'll damn the poor.
            Comment>

Trump has also said that we can always print more money to pay off our national debt.

Trump: US can't default because we can print money - Business Insider

He doesn't seem to realize that this would lead to inflation and to making America's money worthless.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>

The Philippines is in the same boat with the US if Trump would win. We had our elections 2 days ago and even if the official counting has just started, the quick count showed a landslide win for Rody Duterte, that swashbuckling candidate whose expression is cuss words, that guy who seemed tactless with his impulsive pronouncements. Can you imagine a candidate cursing the Pope? Duterte was stuck in traffic and when media interviewed him to say that the Pope was coming hence the traffic, Duterte cursed the Pope and said, "Pope, go back to where you came from." But despite the majority of Catholics in the Philippines, Duterte had 15 million votes while the second placer only has 9 million.

With Trump, I guess his crazy declarations turn off some voters but on the contrary, more voters are enamoured with his style. In fairness to the voters, it is not just the president who thinks and decides on everything. I understand that he has a panel of advisers and consultant, not to mention the cabinet who are supposed to do the real work. So all we can do now is to pray.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
                  The Philippines is in the same boat with the US if Trump would win. We had our elections 2 days ago and even if the official counting has just started, the quick count showed a landslide win for Rody Duterte, that swashbuckling candidate whose expression is cuss words, that guy who seemed tactless with his impulsive pronouncements. Can you imagine a candidate cursing the Pope? Duterte was stuck in traffic and when media interviewed him to say that the Pope was coming hence the traffic, Duterte cursed the Pope and said, "Pope, go back to where you came from." But despite the majority of Catholics in the Philippines, Duterte had 15 million votes while the second placer only has 9 million.

With Trump, I guess his crazy declarations turn off some voters but on the contrary, more voters are enamoured with his style. In fairness to the voters, it is not just the president who thinks and decides on everything. I understand that he has a panel of advisers and consultant, not to mention the cabinet who are supposed to do the real work. So all we can do now is to pray.
                  I agree with you despite our Catholic/Protestant differences. Should we hold our leaders to a higher standard? This questions makes me ask by whose standard? And by that standard does this person live faithfully?

I know little about Sanders, but I have heard his definition of God, and I reject his false god, which makes me question his standard. A man that is neither led by the Constitution or the God of our fathers.

Trump, truth be told, he demonstrates no fruit of being Christian. His slander, lies, insults, gossip fueling etc are all evidenced against him.

Hillary, it is absurd to even consider a woman that hasn't an issue with declaring Jesus a pro-abortionist. Along with a list of other reasons, I hope she is brought to justice for a jury to decide. The only way I can see Sanders being the Democratic nominee is if Clinton is indicted before the election.

Obama, I have not observed an upright bone in his spinal cord. No doubt, Obama would pardon a criminal such as Hillary to promote his own ideology.

William
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
                    So all we can do now is to pray.
                    That is the best type of political involvement for any Christian. Ultimately it is God who will decide who the ruler of each country is.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

I don't think that it is that the Trump supporters are "enamoured with his style" as Corzhens puts it. Most of us are able to see the disasters that our current president has cost this country, and how far we have slipped the last few years, and we want a president who actually CARES about this country we live in, and just the slogan to "Make America Great Again" is one that stirs up people's hearts and minds.

No one is looking at Donald Trump because of his Christian beliefs, or lack of them. Most of the people who have ran for President in this country have professed to be a Christian, regardless if their life actually showed that belief system or not; so just proclaiming to be religious is not what matters.
                      God is able to use anyone that He wants to use, and no president is going to have all the right answers, no matter how sincere they are.
                      Truthfully, I am not sure that Donald Trump will even be allowed to become president, even though he is the most popular candidate at the present time. If they can't stop him from becoming the candidate, it is possible that he could even be assassinated, or someone in his family, just to stop him from running.
                      One of the most pervasive "prophesies" on Youtube right now is about someone being killed around the end of this month; but that doesn't mean anything either, really.
                      I agree that just praying for our country, and for a good president, is about the best thing we can all do at this point.
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap