Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

When Jesus slept and dreamed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Jesus slept and dreamed

Just musing...

I wonder the types of dreams the Lord Jesus had when He slept. We know that other men of God would receive visions at this time (cf. Genesis 15:12).

Did He at this time being fully aware even when sleeping experience even more communication with His Father and others in the supernal realms?

This is an interesting question. I had never thought of that.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I wonder what he would have seen in dreams because till date I seriously never had this kind of thought. Maybe he would have visions of the future things that were going to happen. Who knows. :)
      Comment>

Originally posted by Faber View Post
        Just musing...

I wonder the types of dreams the Lord Jesus had when He slept. We know that other men of God would receive visions at this time (cf. Genesis 15:12).

Did He at this time being fully aware even when sleeping experience even more communication with His Father and others in the supernal realms?
        This is like asking whether Jesus ever missed a baseball in a game of catch or spilled a glass of water. It demonstrates His humanity, but at the same time I cannot even fathom what God dreamed, that is, if the Father ever sleeps. I suspect the dreams of Jesus would be no different than the Father, since they are not such an individual person to have different wills, but only individual enough to commune together. What does the Son dream about? What does He have nightmares over? I could only project my own humanity upon God in my speculation. I suffer from nightmares frequently, and I awake from them immediately turning to prayer. Even in my nightmares sometimes I yell out to God, so lemme suggest while entertaining the thoughts, "if I were God", I would dream of gathering my chicks together under my wings as I have longed, and my nightmares are of my sheep being led astray or suffering for my name sake.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Our dreams are always and only a reflection of the thoughts that we had during the day or preceding days, so if Jesus ever dreamt at all, I would assume that his dreams were of the essence of his work and interactions with people during his lifetime. I think that Jesus dreamed of helping people achieve better lives and of teaching them that they have the power to be or do or have anything in the world that they desire...
          Comment>

I think the human aspect of Jesus alowed Him to have dreams like us. However, they are not recorded in the Bible. Just like @Sheila stated, whenever we have done a lot of work during the day, our bodies will get fatigued and the end result is dreaming. Normally we dream about the things we engaged in during the day. To rare people, visions occur. I presume Jesus had these. Anyway, we can only have assumptions on these based on some Biblical verses. Like when He said that one of His disciples was going to betray Him.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap