Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Execution for spreading the Gospel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Execution for spreading the Gospel

I was watching a certain Christian channel from my home when the horrible news was aired. It was said that Russia had declared anyone spreading the Gospel a criminal. Evangelism had been banned, This broke my heart. This means that the Christian community in Russia cannot hold open-air rallies or crusades. If one is caught doing that, they will be executed accordingly. This further means that one cannot read a Bible in a public place as this is considered as violating other people's rights. Also, the Church cannot distribute Bibles to people. do you think this act by the Russian government is justified?

Originally posted by Gad View Post
    do you think this act by the Russian government is justified?
    I doubt if it ever happened. What channel did you hear this on?
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      I doubt if it ever happened. What channel did you hear this on?
      It sounds as if somebody has greatly over egged the pudding (executions??) but the story is apparently not without foundation in fact:

Russia's Ban on Evangelism Is Now in Effect | News & Reporting | Christianity Today
      Comment>

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth

It sounds as if somebody has greatly over egged the pudding (executions??) but the story is apparently not without foundation in fact:

Russia's Ban on Evangelism Is Now in Effect | News & Reporting | Christianity Today

Lord have mercy. Well at least fines for Russian brothers and sisters are easier to bear than be-headings.
        Comment>

If strictly enforced, the laws could “stop missionary activity to anybody but representatives, registered organizations, and groups,” he said. “It would require every missionary to have documents with specific information proving connections to a registered religious group.”
          I wish the U.S. would adopt such regulation. Look what passes for religion today, even drug houses worshiping marijuana.

Russia requires a permit. It is attempting to stop the false mainline denominations (liberals) from polluting their people. Russia has strict laws regarding LGBT~Q propaganda, which under the guise of liberal churches are spread. Just turn on CBN or TBN listen to most Pentecostal or Charismatics.... or listen to SDA, Mormons, or JWs and think about the damage these groups do to Christianity. Those are the groups "banned" from Russia.

Our church just sent a missionary there, as far as I am aware there was no obstacle with their paperwork....

The climate in Russia is like Conservative America back in the 1950s. The country looks more appealing to me than America did during the Obama years. Under Vladimir Putin’s Russia, conservative Christianity once again has a seat at the table. Putin has portrayed himself as protector of the devout in more ways than one.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
            Russia requires a permit. It is attempting to stop the false mainline denominations (liberals) from polluting their people.
            Yeah, I bet that is right at the top of Vladimir Putin's list of priorities. When he isn't busy interfering in western elections, that is.
            Comment>

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post

Yeah, I bet that is right at the top of Vladimir Putin's list of priorities. When he isn't busy interfering in western elections, that is.
              Your reality seemingly is detached. Obviously it is at the top of Putin's list, as he has cracked down on false Christianity, LGBT~Q propaganda, and has made himself known by protecting Assyrian Christians in the worse Christian genocide since the 1st century, meanwhile the liberals won't even publish an article on the subject in the mainstream media. Not long ago before the election I read where Putin stated Americans should learn from Russia's mistakes as there is no need to separate God from their form of Government.

Putin "interfering in our elections" is exactly what the liberals want you to believe. After all, they are the ones bearing consequence for their loss and in Russia... . false Christianity (Evolution, LGBT~Q, etc etc). It is no surprise to me that this has gone on so long, and I'm glad that the liberals are very loud as the more louder they get the more this country seemingly pushes "Right".

In the historical context of the U.S. Constitution it would be rather simple for America to weed out the falsehood from orthodox Christianity. By "religion", denominations are more inline with our forefathers meaning and intent, as even they stated another religion such as Islam was incompatible with the West. A simple belief statement which requires the ecumenical creeds would be a good start as all denominations agree to the central truths in the creeds (except liberal mainstream denominations). I highly doubt anyone could provide context where our forefathers meant to advocate for the "church of Satan" under the protection of the 1st amendment.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Dear William, Putin is a monster with changing faces. He is not giving free opportunities for christans, he is a former KGB officer, who was long stationed in Germany (he also spreaks German fluently).

Please be careful with wishing evangelists regulation. It would surely keep some strange and unbiblical people out, but the price is too high.

Regulation means: Only if you are straight with government opinions you are allowed to preach. Neither Russia nor China (both countries allow registered christianity) are democraties, Russia is a semi-democratic nation. They do not accept freedom as a foundation value.

Conserative christianity in Russia is definitely not the same as in America: It means Russian orthodox church. The Russian orthodox church is know to be hostile against baptism ( and charismatic). There are lots of testimonies from suffering brothers and sisters.
                Comment>

That's exactly what the liberals want you to believe. After all, they are the ones bearing consequence for their false Christianity (evolution, lgbt~q, etc etc).
                  Most Christians in Russia belong to the Eastern Orthodox Church, which is liberal in the sense that it requires its members to assent to fewer doctrines than most western churches, but which is very conservative when it comes to the doctrines it does have. It is the 1% who are western style evangelicals who are in the firing line.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by LittleRedRidinghood View Post
                    Dear William, Putin is a monster with changing faces. He is not giving free opportunities for christans, he is a former KGB officer, who was long stationed in Germany (he also spreaks German fluently).

Please be careful with wishing evangelists regulation. It would surely keep some strange and unbiblical people out, but the price is too high.

Regulation means: Only if you are straight with government opinions you are allowed to preach. Neither Russia nor China (both countries allow registered christianity) are democraties, Russia is a semi-democratic nation. They do not accept freedom as a foundation value.

Conserative christianity in Russia is definitely not the same as in America: It means Russian orthodox church. The Russian orthodox church is know to be hostile against baptism ( and charismatic). There are lots of testimonies from suffering brothers and sisters.
                    Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post
                    It is the 1% who are western style evangelicals who are in the firing line.
                    We are not a democracy either but rather a Constitutional Republic. The majority here is checked by the Constitution.

And the banned list of so called evangelist are not evangelist - SDA, JWs, Mormons, and liberal mainstream denominations. Look at Russia's ban list before speculating.

Reality is, Putin came to the rescue when Obama and his liberal fan club looked the other way during the worst Christian genocide. Obama and his liberal party looked the other way until being pressured, and then they reintroduced politics into war which became an obstacle to winning that war (re-Vietnam). If it wasn't for Russia stepping into Syria the United States under Obama would still be ignoring the cries of the martyred. Fact is, Putin has been more aligned with Christian values than ANY liberal running for office. Fact is, Putin may of been KGB, but what does that have to do with anything when our past president was CIA (George Bush)? Fact is liberals are crying about Russian influence in the election, Russia never put a gun to nobody's head here in America swaying the vote. Not to mention there is that pesky thing called actual evidence. Most and I mean most of our country voted for the GOP. Fact, Obama's administration attempted to sway the Israeli election, and fact is, Jimmy Carter is behind the regime change in IRAN which does not work in our favor today. Both were liberal/democrat presidents. The two worst presidents in my generation.

Fact is, our church has Russian missionaries currently in Russia, and Russia welcomes them. Russians are our Christians brothers too, and I trust Putin more than a liberal or Obama any day. Just look at our headlines from today, finally a leaker was caught ...... another liberal that supported Bernie Sanders. We could go back and back from one leaker to another and find a common denominator (liberalism).

Originally posted by LittleRedRidinghood View Post
                    This is not what is happening, Russia released a ban list a year ago, but someone just now noticed it? And I haven't a problem with the ban list which I have read. This country would be much better if false doctrine was met with a Scriptural approach 2 John 1:10. In my book there is no room for charismania. Nothing but wolves.

Jehovah’s Witnesses, having already had their religious texts banned, have been subjected to police harassment at religious services since last week’s Supreme Court decision, even as they await the written ruling giving them the opportunity to appeal, a spokesman for the group told Newsweek Tuesday.

But Reese was keen to point out that Russia’s persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses was far from its only violation. The report delivers particular criticism over the government’s treatment of Tatars, an indigenous Muslim ethnic group residing in Crimea, which Russia annexed in 2014.
                    God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

Oh, i am being "executed" in these forums because i think most modern translations are false.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, Ye soldiers of the cross...
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Calvarystudy View Post
                        Oh, i am being "executed" in these forums because i think most modern translations are false.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, Ye soldiers of the cross...
                        Please keep the replies on topic. If you want a place to sob then try: The Whining Board -Christforums

God bless,
                        William
                        Comment>

People Are being executed -- Christians -- for spreading the Gospel. Martyrs -- have existed for centuries. And continue to be. People in the U.S. have been shot / killed for simply saying that they believe in God -- during Bible study and prayer time.

Western-style evangelicals -- an interesting 'tittle'.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
                            Western-style evangelicals -- an interesting 'tittle'.
                            I'm happy you approve

Comment>

And I haven't a problem with the ban list which I have read.
                              Could you provide a link so we can read this list for ourselves? There might not be anything wrong with the present list but it could change in the future. Having a government interfere in religious activities in any way sets a dangerous precedent. The present government might not be hostile to true Christianity but that could change in the future.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap