Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Are leaders like trump chosen by God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are leaders like trump chosen by God?

According to the word of God and the Christian faith, leaders are chosen by God. But when I look at some of the political leaders that have ruled certain parts of the world I have doubts whether that's still the case.
    For instance, some presidents from Africa including Idd Amin of Uganda, Mobutu Seseko, Mugambe among others and of late Donald Trump in the USA.
    Are these leaders truly chosen by God?

Setting aside the issue that leaders back then came to power slightly differently than today...I'd say Trump is one of the people I never expected to go that far in this campaign (no offence), therefore I'm personally inclined to think that yes, there's divine providence in his election. Even if it seems like a paradox, there really was something good that came out of this roller coaster: to wake the american public into the reality of politics. I've never seen people so involved in how the state runs before. Forums are oozing with political discussion.

When a person that is less than capable for the job is elected for presidency, the consequences are on the hands of the voters as well. That said, there could have been a very different persona in that seat right now, e.g. an equivalent of Mugambe. Trump is mercurial but he's not the worst possible thing that could have happened. After all the bane of democracy is the lack of interest from the public which it serves.

I don't think that God only gives us things and situations that are supposed to make us happy, rather things that teach us something...and sometimes we need to learn the hard way.
    Comment>

No one can come to power unless God wills it. Sometimes he allows evil rulers as judgment on a nation. If you read the book of Revelation you will find that he is going to allow an evil ruler known as the beast to rule the world.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        No one can come to power unless God wills it. Sometimes he allows evil rulers as judgment on a nation. If you read the book of Revelation you will find that he is going to allow an evil ruler known as the beast to rule the world.
        I get where you are coming from theophilus, however i can't help but think that mostly the people who suffer under this leadership are innocent people. Some of them faithfuls and children who know No sin.
        I Don't See how God will Plan to hurt His faithful children.
        is there another Power behind selection of leadership?
        Comment>

Originally posted by adssolsn View Post
          I Don't See how God will Plan to hurt His faithful children.
          Sometimes we need suffering to help us develop spiritually and God sometimes allows evil men to rule to supply that suffering.

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (Romans5:1-5)

is there another Power behind selection of leadership?
          I am certain that Satan takes an interest in who leads nations. Sometime God allows him to put his chosen ones in power just as he allowed him to test Job.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Is it true that God has chosen these leaders? When Jesus was being crucified. The people was allowed to chose and they chose to release Barabbas and crucify Jesus. I believe this could have been an example of the populace being presented the will of choice. Elections have been around from the beginning and this Barabbas incident was an early form of election which God had allowed. The question is why do we have elections to express the will of the people if God would have already chosen? The principle of life is that we are allowed to make a decision and sometimes we make the right one and sometimes we are wrong but that's just a part of life.
            Comment>

Originally posted by explorerx7 View Post
              The question is why do we have elections to express the will of the people if God would have already chosen?
              Each of us if free to make his choice but the final outcome will be God's will. He doesn't tell us directly what he wants but uses our choices and actions.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>

Sometimes we need suffering to help us develop spiritually and God sometimes allows evil men to rule to supply that suffering.

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (Romans5:1-5)

I am certain that Satan takes an interest in who leads nations. Sometime God allows him to put his chosen ones in power just as he allowed him to test Job.
                Pardon me again theophilus, but you do realize if a war starts, these innocent people will actually die. There's no endurance or development of character; just death.
                Five years ago I witnessed women and children been burned inside a church and none of them survived to become a better character.
                I maybe wrong but to some extent it doesn't feel like God's plan.

Comment>

Originally posted by explorerx7 View Post
                  Is it true that God has chosen these leaders? When Jesus was being crucified. The people was allowed to chose and they chose to release Barabbas and crucify Jesus. I believe this could have been an example of the populace being presented the will of choice. Elections have been around from the beginning and this Barabbas incident was an early form of election which God had allowed. The question is why do we have elections to express the will of the people if God would have already chosen? The principle of life is that we are allowed to make a decision and sometimes we make the right one and sometimes we are wrong but that's just a part of life.
                  Are you saying that the people have the final say as to who leads them?
                  Because if that is the case we can see why we have very bad leaders.
                  actually, I have seen most leaders coming to power through corrupt deals and using violence. These doesn't feel very Godly.
                  Comment>

these innocent people will actually die.
                    All people die, whether they are innocent or not, and whether they live in a time of peace or a time of war.
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>

All people die, whether they are innocent or not, and whether they live in a time of peace or a time of war.
                      How does that justify the cruelty this people face?
                      Women and young girls are raped and watch their fathers, husbands and brothers butchered in cold blood.
                      i don't see how that is a plan to mode character my friend theophilus
                      ​​as a matter of fact it is such kind of cruelty that turns young children to terrorists. A person can't be the same after watching soo many loved ones being killed.
                      Comment>

How does that justify the cruelty this people face?
                        It doesn't justify the cruelty at all.
                        Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>

I think these leaders are chosen by the people rather than god. I mean we are voting and electing them to be leaders with the hope they will do all the good things to us in favor of us. But only a few are true to their oath that they take during which they accept the leadership while others just come in the pure lust of only the post. :)
                          Comment>

Yes leaders are in Gods plan. God uses men to accomplish His plan. We see especially in the Old Testament how God used all kinds of leaders to accomplish His will. This does not mean He over looks the evil these leaders do, they too are held to a very high accountability.

Every leader Jesus stood before and as they condemned Jesus Christ, were directly used by Father God to accomplish Jesus paying for our sins and raising on the third day. Nothing was by chance.

There are men like Hitler, that are evil to the core, but inspite of their wicked deeds God is still in control. Seeing Gods work and plan is sometimes difficult, but that is not for understanding to know all He is doing at the time.

In the US we have just seen very questionable leadership choices Mr. Obama did. Many Christians feel he did much evil in making same sex marriages legal, and his homosexual agenda. I am one who thinks he was a wicked president. But no president is perfect and Mr .Tump is no exception. Our duty is to respect and pray for our leaders, and to obey God above all.

My main point is God is in control, we are not exempt form suffering in His accomplishing His plan. We walk by faith that's true enough, but pain and suffering is also a part of our life on earth.
                            Comment>

It's definitely a rather sensitive subject since you can make arguments for both parties, but to be honest, in my opinion i believe that leaders are chosen by people rather than God as stated by harijobs, and it's a possibility that God could be testing their faith and their willingness to actually do good.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap