Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

The LGBT community.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LGBT community.

In recent times, the issue of sexual orientation has brewed such a debate across all the major world religions, Christianity not withstanding. The LGBT community has been on the receiving end of most religions for going contrary to what is stipulated in the revered books.

But some Christians who support them point out that some of those scriptures that are used to reprimand them are greatly misinterpreted a fact they have blamed on the translations the Bible has undergone.

You as a Christian, what is your take on this? Is the LGBT community justified since they also have companions? Or what's your take generally on the whole issue of homosexuality?

Originally posted by Onliner View Post

But some Christians who support them point out that some of those scriptures that are used to reprimand them are greatly misinterpreted a fact they have blamed on the translations the Bible has undergone.

You as a Christian, what is your take on this? Is the LGBT community justified since they also have companions? Or what's your take generally on the whole issue of homosexuality?
    Wanna bet they cannot support such claims from the original languages in Hebrew and Greek texts?

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Wanna bet they cannot support such claims from the original languages in Hebrew and Greek texts?

God bless,
      William
      They have. I'll be giving you some for your evaluation.
      Comment>

The differences between male and female anatomy are enough to show that humans were intended to engage in sex only between a man and a woman. This shows that the LBGT community is wrong even without what God has revealed in the Bible.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

My take on this is that we are still supposed to "love one another." I don't have to like what they do or agree with them to love them. Everyone I know (including myself) is a sinner, in one way or another, and I still love and care about all the people in my life.

I think the only way to reach people is through love.. sharing God's love. He hates sin, but He loves sinners.
          Comment>

In recent times, the issue of sexual orientation has brewed such a debate across all the major world religions, Christianity not withstanding. The LGBT community has been on the receiving end of most religions for going contrary to what is stipulated in the revered books.

What and where is this "community".
            Comment>

Sure that makes sense. It makes good sense to believe that the Christian church got it all wrong up until the late 20th century, and that the first Christians, who spoke Greek, and it was the primary language of the church ca. 300 years, did not understand the meaning of Greek words. Yeah, that is clearly a better way of thinking on the topic. SARCASM!!!
              Last edited by Origen; 03-07-2017, 07:12 PM.
              Comment>

Promiscuous homosexuals-- between same-sex engaging in sexual activity is unnatural-- not normal in the absolute order, design, standard and law of procreation (you know "go and multiply and subdue the earth"?). There has to be procreation, which can, by natural law and order, be produced between two consulting adult man with woman, a male with female, between a man and a woman.

Comment>

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post
                  He hates sin, but He loves sinners.
                  Hyperbole? You can't mean without exception?

What about Esau? Did God love Esau? ;)

Anyhoot, I pretty much align with Piper's view on the subject matter:

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

Hyperbole?
                    Cliche maybe. ;)

You can't mean without exception?
                    I believe so. He gave His Son for all.

What about Esau? Did God love Esau? ;)
                    Trick question? I'm no scholar, but I don't think the word hate as used in the passages about Esau translates to how we define the word. We were also told to 'hate' those we love if we want to enter Heaven (or choose Jesus over them). 'Miseo' from the Greek may provide more context. Rather than literal hatred, it basically indicates a preference for one over another.

Anyhoot, I pretty much align with Piper's view on the subject matter:

God bless,
                    William
                    Interesting take on the subject. I like his humble attitude. He seems to agree with me that God loves sinners (of all kinds).

:)
                    Comment>

Cliche maybe. ;)

I believe so. He gave His Son for all.

Trick question? I'm no scholar, but I don't think the word hate as used in the passages about Esau translates to how we define the word. We were also told to 'hate' those we love if we want to enter Heaven (or choose Jesus over them). 'Miseo' from the Greek may provide more context. Rather than literal hatred, it basically indicates a preference for one over another.

Interesting take on the subject. I like his humble attitude. He seems to agree with me that God loves sinners (of all kinds).

:)

Just making it a point that hell is not full of sin, it's full of sinners.

Many people want to believe that God loves us "just the way I am". Contrary to this belief, God does not love us the way we are. He may love us despite the way we are, but one thing is for certain, He doesn't leave us in the state we are in.

When I read certain scriptures such as Romans 1:
                      • and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips....

That's pretty bad, I think.

I know a lot of people that go to great lengths preaching to the LGBT community (activist). To them I say may God bless their efforts, but sometimes I think they forget who the Savior is. It isn't about befriending, but bringing people to Christ through the unedited unwatered down word. If people do not confess their sinfulness, it just isn't a genuine conversion - IMO. It certainly isn't about demonstrating piety, some people are great at preaching to the choir, but I don't see them on the front lines.

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

I know a lot of people that go to great lengths preaching to the LGBT community (activist). To them I say may God bless their efforts, but sometimes I think they forget who the savior is. It isn't about befriending, but bringing people to Christ through the unedited unwatered down word. If many do not confess their sinfulness, it just isn't a genuine conversion - IMO. It certainly isn't about demonstrating one's own piety, some people are great at preaching to the choir, but I don't see them on the front lines.

God bless,
                        William
                        I hear ya. I just see too much hate and judgment, and I feel that it drives away some people who might otherwise be reached.

This is an issue close to my heart, since I have a gay loved one that I'm trying to get through to. Every time I think God's working in this person's life, it seems like someone comes along with a "God hates gays" attitude, and this person turns away again. The person was going to church but now won't even set foot inside for a holiday program or anything, due to being treated hatefully.

I'm not saying all Christians do this, but it does happen.

Comment>

I hear ya. I just see too much hate and judgment, and I feel that it drives away some people who might otherwise be reached.

This is an issue close to my heart, since I have a gay loved one that I'm trying to get through to. Every time I think God's working in this person's life, it seems like someone comes along with a "God hates gays" attitude, and this person turns away again. The person was going to church but now won't even set foot inside for a holiday program or anything, due to being treated hatefully.

I'm not saying all Christians do this, but it does happen.
                          I have a dear family relative too that is homosexual. Personally, it isn't my role to convict someone of their sin. The word of God does that through the Holy Spirit. What I will not do, however, is water down the word of God or choose to rip certain passages from Scripture. If a person does not confess and repent from sin, then what need for Christ? If a person sees no sin in their lifestyle, then what need for Christ?

I am glad we can have a casual conversation about this thisnthat. Christ's blood was shed for sinners, it was totally sufficient for the whole world BUT only efficient by God's design for the Elect.

Hell is full of well meaning sinners, and I think Romans 1 touches upon this in its opening chapter:
                          • For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

I certainly do not want to stand in God's way. But I acknowledge sometimes people can become obstacles either way, but lets face it, when someone resists or doesn't want something - they'll find every excuse in the book. :)

I don't know about you, but I do from time to time think about this: "“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."

If I am around only those that love me in Christ then I have removed myself from the world. Our Christian duty and privilege is found in the great commission. Personally, what kinda love is this, when someone sees a burning building with people inside it and they do not bother saying "get out"! What the world deems love is quite unbiblical, and if we preach the love of God, the world will surely hate us, just look at what it did to our beloved Lord. Every stripe, every thorn, every nail, to the thrust of that spear.

God bless,
                          William
                          Comment>

I just see too much hate and judgment
                            Where? I haven't seen it for 30 years.

and I feel that it drives away some people who might otherwise be reached.
                            This is a popular misconception. Did Adam and Eve sin against God because of "hate and judgement"?

Men hate God, and they will not come to Him because they hate Him. Sinners are looking for God like criminals are looking for a cop.
                            Comment>

There are many ways of expressing hate. If the person you hate is living a lifestyle that displeases God and will lead to his eternal condemnation, you can express your hate by assuring them there is nothing wrong with the way he is living and he should continue in it. All who support the gay rights movement are in fact expressing this kind of hate, whether they realize it or not. The best way to show love for gays is to warn them that what they are doing is wrong and telling them they need to repent and turn to Christ. Our modern society is so mixed up in its standards of right and wrong that those who show love for gays are accused of being homophobic and those who express hate are praised for their love of gays.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap