Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

What is wrong with these people?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with these people?

Two headlines I read this morning are forehead slappingly bad. And these were posted no to far apart from each other, though by completely different news sources.

Take a look:

Some of Trump's talking points are more accurate than others

Really? You don't say. How is that even possible?

Flight MH370 search to be "suspended" if not found

So, in other words if they find it they will keep looking?

I literally just laughed out loud at the MH370 headline there - it certainly wasn't the best use of words that they chose there.

I do often wonder what happened to that plane, but sadly the ocean is a big place and it's been so long now since the plane went missing that quite frankly I don't think it's going to be found. I think it will end up being one of those lifelong aviation mysteries.
    Comment>

Well I also laughed out loud when I read the "so if they find it they will keep looking", because I can almost picture a group of people doing that at this point. These are pretty good, and I have to say that being from a journalism background kind of makes me appreciate these more. It actually upsets me a little bit because I have not been able to find a job in that field, and here are these idiots with good jobs who cannot do them right. Of course they are just mistakes and we all make them, but still. Thanks for sharing.
      Comment>

I've read so many bad headlines that have nothing to do with the article or are so poorly written that I'm getting apathetic towards online articles. There are so many people trying to push out content, even worthless filler content, that the quality of everything is going down. It's more important to get clicks than to provide actual information. As bad as the headlines, the article is probably worse because they probably simply lifted it from a better content site and recycled it.
        Comment>

It is quite amazing that there are so many bad headlines now that new articles are issued out of a scatter gun. This is the result when there is no time for anything to be run by anything that looks like an editor.

I took an editing course a long time ago. Couldn't read a newspaper for a while after that.
          Comment>

I still think about Flight MH 370 from time to time every week. I wonder what those passengers knew and if they knew anything of what was happening, or if it was just gone in an instant. There were so many wild theories about what happened to it, it was a really strange time.
            Comment>

I think it is great when a mistake is made in the title of an article at a news site or something along those lines and a few hours later someone catches it and fixes it. My local news paper does this a lot on their website. I really do love the title for the MH370 article though, I would say it's a safe bet to assume they will stop looking once when they don't find it. I am not sure if you know this but a lot of the articles online especially news articles are written by computer programs. There are algorithms that basically scan the internet and puts together articles about current events, most of the big news companies use these articles. it is pretty wild to think that what you are reading on a news site has a good chance of being written by a computer program. I am not saying we should blame a computer for those article titles as I don't think a computer could be that dumb (just kidding around) :-).
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap