Ok, here is where you can post just about anything about any topic at all!

Multiple Quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Quotes

Just starting this for the purpose of experimenting with multiple quotes.

God bless.

Originally posted by William View Post

Text size, fonts, and colors have been disabled. We had too many people abuse them. Not to mention there are multiple templates available to use, and some of the fonts and colors caused havoc in them.
    I have only seen a few people "abuse" text, which makes for a good excuse to ban, lol, if they will not clean up their act.

That is a feature (no control of text size) that I am not fond of. Scripture should always be set apart from what the poster is saying, in my view. In reviewing a few posts it was difficult to distinguish between Scripture and what the poster/s were saying. Of course, not many do this anyway, so not really going to affect most posters.

God bless.
    Comment>

Originally posted by S.T.Ranger View Post

I have only seen a few people "abuse" text, which makes for a good excuse to ban, lol, if they will not clean up their act.

That is a feature (no control of text size) that I am not fond of. Scripture should always be set apart from what the poster is saying, in my view. In reviewing a few posts it was difficult to distinguish between Scripture and what the poster/s were saying. Of course, not many do this anyway, so not really going to affect most posters.

God bless.
      Generally, I quote Scripture. Wrap it in quotes. Regular quotes are distinguished from quoting others, which may be done by either clicking quote below a posters post or by highlighting the text, a quote button will appear. Feel free to acclimate to our text editor, which was updated the other night.
      Comment>

God bless.

Generally, I quote Scripture. Wrap it in quotes. Regular quotes are distinguished from quoting others, which may be done by either clicking quote below a posters post or by highlighting the text, a quote button will appear. Feel free to acclimate to our text editor, which was updated the other night.
        Using quoting to set it apart is a good suggestion, and I love the function that allows you to highlight part of a post instead of the entire post. The last forum I was on had this function, as well as a function to save that quote to a page for later reference. It had some funkiness (the forum) so this made it easier to parse.

God bless.
        Comment>

Using quoting to set it apart is a good suggestion, and I love the function that allows you to highlight part of a post instead of the entire post. The last forum I was on had this function, as well as a function to save that quote to a page for later reference. It had some funkiness (the forum) so this made it easier to parse.

God bless.
          We have the option to multi quote too. You can quote multiple people, in "post reply" top left button of your screen will appear the number of quotes which are stored. It is too complicated for my simple mind, however, and I don't use its function.
          Comment>

We have the option to multi quote too. You can quote multiple people, in "post reply" top left button of your screen will appear the number of quotes which are stored. It is too complicated for my simple mind, however, and I don't use its function.
            Do you know how to store the quote? Tried it, but it simply comes up in the quote box.

God bless.
            Comment>

Do you know how to store the quote? Tried it, but it simply comes up in the quote box.

God bless.
              No, I am inexperienced when it comes to the multi quote feature. To quote multiple times I normally highlight the text of a poster, then choose quote from the button that appears under the highlighted text. I'll dig around Vbulletin's instruction for ckeditor, there may be some changes to it since we updated. If I find anything worthwhile I'll post it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	quote.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	14570

Comment>

God bless.

No, I am inexperienced when it comes to the multi quote feature. To quote multiple times I normally highlight the text of a poster, then choose quote from the button that appears under the highlighted text. I'll dig around Vbulletin's instruction for ckeditor, there may be some changes to it since we updated. If I find anything worthwhile I'll post it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n14570[/ATTACH]

Okay, I see. I guess this cannot be taken to another thread?

Okay, gotta get going.

God bless.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap