Hugh Jackman Says He is a Christian and Dedicates Each Performance to God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Jackman Says He is a Christian and Dedicates Each Performance to God

Actor Hugh Jackman said in a recent Parade magazine interview that he is a Christian and finds fulfillment in his faith.

More...

Good to Know.
    Comment>

Wow, I didn't know this and I'm a huge Hugh Jackman fan. I have seen a lot of his television interviews and he never really mentions his faith. Nice to see a celebrity that isn't into whatever the religion of the week happens to be.
      Comment>

That's a good man right there. Wish that more of these Hollywood actors would come out more publicly as being Christians. I'm sure though that it would affect their ability to gain roles. Either way though they're gaining much more than just money if they can help others that are at odds with their faith.
        Comment>

I think Hugh Jackman is a really good guy. It doesn't surprise me that he is a Christian. He is known in celeb circles as a really nice man with a generous spirit. He might be able to influence people if he talked a bit about his faith. I think people look up to him.
          Comment>

That is awesome. Hugh Jackman is my favorite superhero actor, and this news even gave me more respect to the man. Not only was he loyal enough to play as Wolverine for over a decade, he's also religious too. That is just an incredibly awesome combination, if you ask me.
            Comment>

Originally posted by OursIsTheFury View Post
              That is awesome. Hugh Jackman is my favorite superhero actor, and this news even gave me more respect to the man. Not only was he loyal enough to play as Wolverine for over a decade, he's also religious too. That is just an incredibly awesome combination, if you ask me.
              He is "loyal" to Wolverine as Daniel Craig is to 007. Money talks! Not that this is a bad reason, but you should not think they do that to make you or me happy.
              Comment>

Thanks @Oatmeal for liking my post. I knew that I was not the only one whit this view in mind.... I mean, I quite obvious, wasn't ? Again, money is not the problem, but thinking that it do not make a big part of it is being naive.
                Comment>

I've always liked him. He seems so genuinely kind-hearted, and by all accounts, he's a faithful husband and a devoted father. Obviously, he's a good provider as well. He's practically perfect. :) I'm happy to hear that his faith is part of the reason he's stayed on the straight and narrow. It makes me feel confident that I can do the same thing as well.
                  Comment>

I'm not really surprised by this considering you never hear about him causing trouble in Hollywood. The worst thing I've seen about him was some 'weight gain' during some beach shots. I'm glad that he puts himself in a space where he performs for God and not just for fame and money. It's probably what makes him such a consistent actor.
                    Comment>

I love Hugh Jackman. A talented man who publicly professes his love for his wife, and his family - he truly seems to live by what he says, too, and it's not just for show.

I'm happy to hear that his faith is also an important element of his life. He seems like an all around good guy, which is a pleasant change in the celebrity world I think!
                      Comment>

There are many actors who are christians. Like me, they are more quiet about their faith. It is more important for them to follow and live what they believe than to tout it to lots of magazines.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by filmjunkie08 View Post
                          There are many actors who are christians. Like me, they are more quiet about their faith. It is more important for them to follow and live what they believe than to tout it to lots of magazines.
                          Absolutely, couldn't have said it any better myself. Although I do not mind I do love to hear people coming out and not being afraid to identify their Christian faith and why it is so important to them.
                          Comment>

I appreciate when a performer seems to live a clean lifestyle, and then you find out this type of information about them. I think this sets a more positive example than screaming from the mountain tops that you believe in God and then caught doing something crazy by photographers!
                            Comment>

Well this is certainly good news. There are too many stories out there about celebrities running wild and being out of control, so it is nice to see one that seems to have his priorities straight and in line with positive influences. I think that it is really easy to sway towards the darker things and the more negative things, in the all too often sin-filled cities of LA and Hollywood. Good for him though, and I hope that he can work to inspire some others to do the same. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap