This part of the forum is like a breath of fresh air

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This part of the forum is like a breath of fresh air

Nothing much to say, but I have been seeing, hearing, and reading terrible news around the world all over the internet, television, and radio. It's good that this forum has a special place for good news and things that would raise your faith in humanity. It's really a breath of fresh air, as I really just get tired of reading about killings, war, incidents of rape, and much more all over the globe. Having this column being updated periodically with news and current affairs that truly show the goodness of the world, well, let's just say it's really a rare thing these days.

So thank you, for this "Positive News" section in the forum. God bless.

Well you said it. I was kicking myself a little bit for not even realizing that it was here until just today. I think I just skipped over the positive news, almost like I didn't believe it could be there or something, which is pretty depressing. I am so glad that it is here, though, and it is just the thing I need after thinking about the tough scenarios and questions and issues that we discuss elsewhere on here, and other places as well. I love it, and will be a frequent visitor. Thanks for sharing.
    Comment>

Well said, @OursIsTheFury. I stopped looking at the newspaper as it always containing news about rape, bribing, corruption, thefts, wars, and killings etc. I mean sometimes I just pray to god please give peace all around the world and please make those people stop hurting innocent souls. I wish the world will become a better place with the advancements in the standard of living and in everything. I agree with you that this is a very refreshing section of the forum. Thanks :)
      Comment>

Originally posted by harijobs View Post
        Well said, @OursIsTheFury. I stopped looking at the newspaper as it always containing news about rape, bribing, corruption, thefts, wars, and killings etc. I mean sometimes I just pray to god please give peace all around the world and please make those people stop hurting innocent souls. I wish the world will become a better place with the advancements in the standard of living and in everything. I agree with you that this is a very refreshing section of the forum. Thanks :)
        "I just pray to god please give peace" He might if you capitalize his name.
        Comment>

Originally posted by harijobs View Post
          For FYI, harijob, The name of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when “God” is used to refer to “the one God,” (in other words, in any monotheistic religion) it is capitalized.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

I didn't realize this section was here either. I love this kind of thing. It's much more uplifting than the daily news, which is often horrible stuff. "If it bleeds, it leads." I hope to start contributing to this section regularly (if I can remember).

I get tired of the hateful stuff and sensationalist, click bait, headlines, so finding some good news is... good news to me.

As for the capitalization, yes I was always taught to capitalize God when it is used as a name. I was also told it's best to capitalize pronouns (Him, His) when indicating God. The latter is sometimes hard to remember.
            Comment>

I have to agree with you on this :). It is always nice to be able to visit a news site or open a newspaper and see something nice and positive to read. It's awful having to read negative news every day and it seems like it won't be stopping for a while. Everywhere you look something tragic has happened. Terrorists, murderers, car crashes. As the population of the earth grows, I think this type of news will only increase so it's important that we get used to it and ensure that it does not affect us too much. Hopefully, I will have the time to visit this section of the forum for a few minutes and read the positive news to cheer me up
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap