Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.

Trump Signs Executive Order Banning Church Greeting Times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Signs Executive Order Banning Church Greeting Times

WASHINGTON, D.C.—A new mandate banning churches from implementing incredibly awkward times of forced meeting and greeting is the latest executive order to be signed by President Trump, sources at the White House reported Friday. The order instructs churches to allow fellowship to occur “naturally and organically,” rather than asking church members to turn to one […]

. . . finish reading Trump Signs Executive Order Banning Church Greeting Times.

More...

If that isn't the craziest thing I've ever heard -- since when did That happen.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post
      If that isn't the craziest thing I've ever heard -- since when did That happen.
      He Did sign an executive order this morning -- but it was about Cuba.
      Comment>

I may get in trouble for saying this, but I would support such a rule if it were real.

Our church spends 30 minutes with everyone wandering around greeting everyone before the service starts.
        Then we have an opening prayer and a formal time to 'greet those around you'.
        Then at some point in the service we welcome visitors and everyone goes and greets them ... which turns into another chance to say hello to everyone.

I am not a hugger, I prefer a quick fist bump. I would not mind a little less greeting at all. :)
        Comment>

There was a church I went to for a while that did the same thing. People greeting Before church -- and then a time During church when the choir would be seated back in the auditorium. I sent an email to the song minister cause he was the one 'doing it' when the choir dismissed. The next Sunday or so -- there was no choir - and he Still had a greeting time. To Me, it Is a distraction to the preaching service. BUT -- the Pres has no business saying Anything about anything of a religious nature. No one should be mandated one way or the other. If a person chooses to be reading his Bible during that meet/greet time that would be his choice. If he wants to shake every hand in the building, that would also be his choice.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap