Husband and Wife Who Converted to Christianity Shot by Muslim Family Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husband and Wife Who Converted to Christianity Shot by Muslim Family Members

A Pakistani man and his wife who converted to Christianity were severely persecuted and shot by family members.

More...

This is extremely disheartening. Choosing your religion should always be according to your own free will but nowadays, it seems so difficult to do so because of the persecution you're going to face. I'm also saddened by the fact that Muslims are oftentimes generalized as terrorists when they are really not. Islam is such a wonderful religion and it's frustrating how some Muslims misunderstand the practices and beliefs of Islam that they resort to killing Christians and use their religion as an excuse.
    Comment>

It's a tragedy but ultimately all part of the ultimate plan. The couple killed are now forever in paradise free from all pain, hate, and persecution. So I would say that ultimately the couple got the better end of the deal. It's those of us who are still here that need to constantly be on guard and continue the good fight. Not to downplay the tragedy or anything like that. But I feel like it's hard to mourn the death of fellow Christians, knowing I'll see them again one day and knowing that they are currently better off than I am. It brings much comfort to my soul.
      Comment>

This just makes my stomach turn. And we are hearing more and more of it these days. Muslims say that Islam is a religion of love and peace but killing your own family members because they don't agree with your religious beliefs?! Doesn't sound loving or peaceful to me.
        Comment>

There are so many stories like this in the Muslim world. It is only now with so much use of the Internet that morenofbthen are coming to light outside of the areas where they are happening. God is using these trials to strengthen and grow His church in these areas in spite of the tragedies.
          Comment>

I think that incident is called honor killing where a family or relatives feel being disgraced by the action of their family or relative. There's a province in Pakistan that have strict culture when it comes to family honor, that they would kill their kin to uphold the honor of their family. Like when a woman reneges on the marriage that was fixed by the parents, she can be killed by the parents and no one would lift a finger. I don't know the gravity of that conversion to another religion in the Pakistani's family code but definitely it is a black eye in the eyes of the Western civilization.
            Comment>

That is what is happening in our societies. I have read about Christian house helps being tortured in Saudi Arabia. I don't know why but I think Muslims have generated the hatred over time as they claim Christianity is not a true religion. We must stand firm to protect Christianity if we believe that Christ died for us. We should never give up in proclaiming the word of God thus showing them that we know what God wants from us.
              Comment>

Such as life in Pakistan, it breaks my heart to hear about Christians being treated so unfairly or badly. I really do hope that eventually the ongoing persecution will stop.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap