Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Imprisoned Asia Bibi Forgives Persecutors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imprisoned Asia Bibi Forgives Persecutors

Imprisoned Christian Asia Bibi says she forgives her persecutors even though they accused her unjustly.

More...

Originally posted by Christforums View Post
    Imprisoned Christian Asia Bibi says she forgives her persecutors even though they accused her unjustly.
    Without repentance, isn't that just condoning her persecutors' actions? While I believe we should be "forgiving", I think there's a difference between being robbed the opportunity to actually forgive due to a party's lack of repentance. Just forgiving someone without repentance in itself appears to me as an unjust response to an injustice.
    Comment>

While Jesus was being crucified he asked God to forgive those who were crucifying him even though they hadn't repented. Later the centurion in charge of the crucifixion did repent and acknowledge that Jesus was the son of God but Jesus didn't wait for him to do this before forgiving him.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        While Jesus was being crucified he asked God to forgive those who were crucifying him even though they hadn't repented. Later the centurion in charge of the crucifixion did repent and acknowledge that Jesus was the son of God but Jesus didn't wait for him to do this before forgiving him.
        Acts 17:30-31 - "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.” There's a difference between Jesus making Himself intercessory and high priest while on the cross Luke 23:34, and bringing those in ignorance to truth and repentance. Just as Matthew 5:54 is an example of being reconciled to the party one has wronged, and then to God. If a party appeals to God for forgiveness, I hope that they demonstrate fruits of regeneration, and will demonstrate obedience to His word, His words instruct a party to seek reconciliation with one that they have wronged. Our days are limited upon the earth, we should seek atonement with one another and to God. And while I agree with you Theo, I think you're communicating only half of the picture. As someone else mentioned, we are both commenting on different sides of the same coin.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap