Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Going to Pot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Pot?

As both the social costs of and tax revenue from legal marijuana explode, it becomes increasingly difficult to reverse direction.

More...

What social costs?
    Comment>

Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
      What social costs?
      The same arguments for tobacco repeated themselves in legalizing marijuana. Time will tell whether there are certain long term health risks. Personally, I don't have an issue with people staying at home for medical reasons, though there are better alternatives. As long as they start... .which I can't believe they haven't already tested roadside for sobriety. Other countries do test and the United States seemingly is behind such law enforcement. Here in California near the beach which is a pharmaceutical down by the wharf I have been behind a person or two swerving all over the road while driving and smoking a joint.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Originally posted by Zog Has-fallen View Post
        What social costs?
        Not really social costs, but economic costs from law enforcement. If you get pulled over for anything while heading away from Colorado, you can bet the cop is going to search your car for pot. The neighboring states want to recover the costs associated with arresting thousands of pot tourists. It's probably also a money grab. Colorado is raking in tens of millions of dollars in pot taxes, and the neighbors want a cut of the action.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap