Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Over 10,000 People Give Their Lives to Christ at Greg Laurie Crusade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Over 10,000 People Give Their Lives to Christ at Greg Laurie Crusade

    Over 10,000 people recently made a decision to follow Christ at a Greg Laurie crusade in Southern California.



    More...

    #2
    By their fruits we will know them.
    Comment>

      #3
      Originally posted by Christforums View Post
      Over 10,000 people recently made a decision to follow Christ at a Greg Laurie crusade in Southern California.

      More...
      That's an amazing # of people However, I hope the follow-up goes better than ours did following the last Billy Graham Crusade we had here in town. My church was very involved in the Crusade, and we were given the names of MANY of those in our area who had come forward to make a decision for Christ, to follow-up with them on the phone, to invite them to either a service at our church, or a Bible Study, or a home visit, etc., but literally no one responded to any of our invitations (a few did not do much more than thank us for calling them when we reached them on the phone, however, many did at least acknowledge to us that they did become Christians at the Crusade).

      --David
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

      "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

      "Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

      "The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

      "The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

        #4
        Nice, that is a big number. I agree, I hope they follow-up.
        Comment>

          #5
          I believe our nation is ready for crusades. With the civil unrest and hatred if ever there is a time for the Gospel to be preached, now is the time! Just watching the marches and riots of these huge crowds filled with anger, destruction, and murder proves their need for Jesus Christ.

          My first reaction to this news is; How many of this 10,000 souls were really Called by God Almighty. How many really are genuinely "Born from above". I am not sure if these "Crusades" have the availability of trained genuine Followers of Christ to counsel with the WORD those who came down to respond to the call of God on their lives. If there was enough trained counselors that were able to share Jesus Christ, and give a solid material they could go home with that would be good. Beyond that I am sure some of these converts had no church they attended, most likely some did not even have a New Testament. I hope there were enough churches involved to share the serious responsibility of discipleship with each person. In the past large crusades gave out material and asked people to pray, but I question how many were discipled, much less contacted by a church other than by a letter, even if that.

          Unless churches are equipped and ready to do crusades right, we may never reach our nation before Satan takes completely over. I guess the real question boils down to are each one of us really ready to get involved with these crusades to share Christ with lost souls?


          justme
          Comment>

            #6
            Originally posted by justme
            I believe our nation is ready for crusades. With the civil unrest and hatred if ever there is a time for the Gospel to be preached, now is the time! Just watching the marches and riots of these huge crowds filled with anger, destruction, and murder proves their need for Jesus Christ.

            My first reaction to this news is; How many of this 10,000 souls were really Called by God Almighty. How many really are genuinely "Born from above". I am not sure if these "Crusades" have the availability of trained genuine Followers of Christ to counsel with the WORD those who came down to respond to the call of God on their lives. If there was enough trained counselors that were able to share Jesus Christ, and give a solid material they could go home with that would be good. Beyond that I am sure some of these converts had no church they attended, most likely some did not even have a New Testament. I hope there were enough churches involved to share the serious responsibility of discipleship with each person. In the past large crusades gave out material and asked people to pray, but I question how many were discipled, much less contacted by a church other than by a letter, even if that.

            Unless churches are equipped and ready to do crusades right, we may never reach our nation before Satan takes completely over. I guess the real question boils down to are each one of us really ready to get involved with these crusades to share Christ with lost souls?


            justme
            I don't believe there will ever be a time when "Satan takes completely over." Jesus promised that "the gates of Hell will not prevail."

            I do share your concern regarding all these people being truly born again believers, and if so, being discipled properly by a church that teaches doing Biblical doctrine.

            I know that at past Billy Graham crusades, this did not always happen. Many "converts" were, for example, referred back to the Catholic Church. Sadly, most of the mainstream and largest churches today do not teach sound doctrine.
            Comment>

              #7
              Originally posted by Acadia View Post

              I don't believe there will ever be a time when "Satan takes completely over." Jesus promised that "the gates of Hell will not prevail."

              I do share your concern regarding all these people being truly born again believers, and if so, being discipled properly by a church that teaches doing Biblical doctrine.

              I know that at past Billy Graham crusades, this did not always happen. Many "converts" were, for example, referred back to the Catholic Church. Sadly, most of the mainstream and largest churches today do not teach sound doctrine.


              I also remember that happening -- people being sent back to their home churches. And that's Also true -- that sound doctrine isn't the norm anymore.

              It's been said that by the time the rapture Does take place -- there will be so few believers around that there will be explanations for their disappearing that will sound logical. We'll see :)
              Comment>

                #8
                Originally posted by Sue D.
                I also remember that happening -- people being sent back to their home churches. And that's Also true -- that sound doctrine isn't the norm anymore.

                It's been said that by the time the rapture Does take place -- there will be so few believers around that there will be explanations for their disappearing that will sound logical. We'll see :)
                Scary thought. The Bible does say there will be a "great falling away", however.
                Comment>

                  #9
                  And maybe 1% will still consider themselves Christians a week from now.

                  Even that might be optimistic if what happened when I was still a schoolboy in the sixties is anything to go by. Some girls went to a Billy Graham rally. The following day they had "converted," the day after that it was wearing off a bit, and the day after that it had gone.

                  Evangelicals need to get it out of their head that evangelism is an exercise in mass marketing. Buy this brand of soap powder, or god, because it washes whiter.
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    Originally posted by justme View Post
                    I believe our nation is ready for crusades. With the civil unrest and hatred if ever there is a time for the Gospel to be preached, now is the time! Just watching the marches and riots of these huge crowds filled with anger, destruction, and murder proves their need for Jesus Christ.

                    My first reaction to this news is; How many of this 10,000 souls were really Called by God Almighty. How many really are genuinely "Born from above". I am not sure if these "Crusades" have the availability of trained genuine Followers of Christ to counsel with the WORD those who came down to respond to the call of God on their lives. If there was enough trained counselors that were able to share Jesus Christ, and give a solid material they could go home with that would be good. Beyond that I am sure some of these converts had no church they attended, most likely some did not even have a New Testament. I hope there were enough churches involved to share the serious responsibility of discipleship with each person. In the past large crusades gave out material and asked people to pray, but I question how many were discipled, much less contacted by a church other than by a letter, even if that.

                    Unless churches are equipped and ready to do crusades right, we may never reach our nation before Satan takes completely over. I guess the real question boils down to are each one of us really ready to get involved with these crusades to share Christ with lost souls?


                    justme

                    I was just rereading your post -- the part that bothers me is when you questioned how many of that huge number of souls were Really called by God Almighty -- it Almost sounded like Maybe some people of those 10,000 got 'saved' by mistake?! Salvation is not denomination based. There are those who want to reach as many people with the Gospel as is possible at one time. I'm Not a fan of sending people back to a non-Bible teaching church. But maybe we don't give the Holy Spirit very much credit -- it's God's Word that is heard, read and accepted / believed in our heart. And no man / woman is an island -- a person usually goes to those crusades with other people -- so -- and we Don't know how much follow-up is given / rejected. But, those people Have heard the Gospel.

                    Those of us who are concerned Can do follow-up work ourselves?! We Can be involved in our local VBS programs or whatever is happening in Our location.
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post
                      And maybe 1% will still consider themselves Christians a week from now.

                      Even that might be optimistic if what happened when I was still a schoolboy in the sixties is anything to go by. Some girls went to a Billy Graham rally. The following day they had "converted," the day after that it was wearing off a bit, and the day after that it had gone.

                      Evangelicals need to get it out of their head that evangelism is an exercise in mass marketing. Buy this brand of soap powder, or god, because it washes whiter.


                      Well -- we're not in the 60's -- it's 2017 -- the world is a different place. Times are harder -- the world is a bigger mess.

                      Salvation is not based on 'feelings' -- and -- it's Also true that emotionalism is creeping in. And maybe 'big time' is an appropriate term to use. God's Word is Stable -- the Holy Spirit is Not confused by human emotions. Once He's in our hearts, He won't leave. How do 'we' know who really does have the Holy Spirit residing in them? Because 'by their fruits we shall them' -- That is Biblical. Spiritual nurturing is essential after salvation.

                      No matter how big or small a group a person is part of -- there needs to be the Gospel unto salvation presented and follow-up is so very important.
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        Oneeonly has to watch Joel Osteen to see 18,000 people hear the social Gosple that seems to be in the majority of very large churches. T D Jakes church in a WOF church but TD Jakes rejects the Trinity! These mega churches like Rick Warrens is another church that bows before the Pope and it is so very sad to see so many souls die because of these pastors that are teaching another Gospel.


                        Justme
                        Comment>

                          #13
                          Just as an extension of what I said already, those I named above are surely not the only ones that are ship wrecking peoples souls. Less spoken of but none the less are the millions of souls held captive by the roman catholic Church. I need not remind myself why I am a protester against the Pope and the false church he rules over. The Pope has said salvation comes by him. This is blasphemy for anyone other than Jesus Christ himself only to make such a statement.

                          If it were not for men under Gods direction, like Wycliffe and Tyndale, and others the Pope would still have us with no Bible for us common people! Praise God for the Bible His Word. Amen.


                          justme
                          Comment>

                            #14
                            People "giving their lives" to God is not biblical. In fact the phrase is incredibly man-centered and implies humans choose God.
                            On the contrary, unless God makes us spiritually alive in Christ, we are dead in our trespasses and sins. Dead men cannot choose. Go to a corpse and ask them to sit up. See if they do so.
                            Now, God may have chosen to adopt 10,000 people at this crusade. It is entirely possible within the scope of God's grace. But to say that 10,000 spiritually dead people chose God is patently false and unsupportable by scripture.
                            Comment>

                              #15
                              MennoSota, I am not sure but did someone say that people were "giving their lives"? God calls thats ture. However we can "give our lives" to become in full time ministry, or missionary, right?


                              justme
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap