Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

More Than 14,000 Clergy Members Condemn White Supremacy

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Than 14,000 Clergy Members Condemn White Supremacy

More than 14,000 clergy members, all part of The Clergy Letter Project, have released a statement saying that while some language used by white supremacists may be protected, it isn’t acceptable.

More...

Pawns played into the leftist's narrative. What about violence by BLM, Antifa, and the Black Panthers? There is no good reason not to denounce Nazis and White Supremacist. I understand why conservatives don’t like the game. The left is never asked to play it, and no denouncing from the right is ever good enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20728278_1148168958650473_4100796960972376210_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	47175

And this:

The Clergy Letter Project is an effort from American Christian, Jewish, Unitarian Universalist and Buddhist clergy in support of the teaching of evolution.
    Definitely those liberals from the left. None of them are truly Christian clergy.

And that:

In a contributed article to The Huffington Post, Zimmerman says that genetically, a white person and a black person are more similar than two black people.
    Nothing good comes from out the Huffington Post.

The left's only foundation is racial division. They throw fuel on the fire and then appeal to the common nitwit.

Just listen to the liberal mainstream media. Thank goodness for Conservatives like Mark Levin:

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

It's more of the devil's divide and conquer scheme.
      Comment>

It's sad to see that in the face of such racism and hatred, when a group of Christians speak out against it, some people's first reaction is to label and dismiss them as not being Christians......rather than simply agree with what they said....

"From a religious perspective, we celebrate our shared humanity and are aghast when people promote any sort of racial hierarchy. Similarly, from a religious perspective, we know that all people, regardless of any demographic attribute, should be treated fairly.

Therefore, simply put, the vile rhetoric being spewed by white supremacists is religiously and biologically bankrupt.

The frequency of such loathsome language as well as the violence often associated with that language has been increasing of late and we find this pattern to be terribly troubling. We urge others, particularly politicians, to join us in making it clear that this is absolutely unacceptable. By pushing back forcefully, articulately and peacefully, we believe it is possible to combat the evil being promoted by those working to divide us.

We can build a better society – but our voices must be heard. If we work together, we can eliminate the scourge of white supremacy and the very real instances of racism that exist in our society. Please join us in our efforts."
        Comment>

Originally posted by River Jordan View Post
          It's sad to see that in the face of such racism and hatred, when a group of Christians speak out against it, some people's first reaction is to label and dismiss them as not being Christians......rather than simply agree with what they said....
          Unless the left is looking in the mirror they aren't seeing the face of racism and hatred. This was a volatile situation orchestrated by the left: Charlottesville, VA: Vetted Facts - Christforums

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
            Unless the left is looking in the mirror they aren't seeing the face of racism and hatred.
            So according to you, the Nazis and white supremacists weren't the racists in Charlottesville. Rather, it was the people opposing them.

I'm shocked that a website called "Christ Forums" would allow itself to be used as a platform for such disgusting rhetoric.
            Comment>

So according to you, the Nazis and white supremacists weren't the racists in Charlottesville. Rather, it was the people opposing them.

I'm shocked that a website called "Christ Forums" would allow itself to be used as a platform for such disgusting rhetoric.
              So says the side (left) that brings us Darwinian Evolution, Social Darwinism, Eugenics, Slavery, Jim Crow Laws, and the KKK.

See the red x top right of this website?

William
              Comment>

When White Supremacists Come to Town

As a citizen of Charlottesville, I want to publicly state my disgust and condemnation of the rally that occurred to champion white supremacy. Aside from condemnation of their ideology, my husband and I and our church simply will not give them our attention. And we will also not be one-day activists who aren't interested in faithful, gritty work in this community.

We will instead be Christians. We will continue to give the gospel issue of racial division our full attention. We will call white supremacy what it is: sin. We will continue building real relationships with brothers and sisters in our community and in our own church who represent, alongside us, the beautiful diversity of God's kingdom. We will continue partnering with our friends of various races as we seek to meet needs in our city. And my husband will preach the gospel from the pulpit as it's meant to be preached—for all people.

This is the gospel that has made me a Christian, the gospel that tells me all are made in the image of God but only One stands supreme—Jesus Christ. He teaches me to love others, not celebrate myself or fight for my rights, not love selectively or with favoritism. He teaches me to try to understand others and to honor them, not to honor myself. He teaches me that His Kingdom is the country and people to which I belong, and that this Kingdom is formed by every nation and people group.

We need Christians being Christians not only in Charlottesville but all across our nation. Being a Christian in the face of racial hatred begins with Christ's church falling to its knees in lament and confession and asking for his Spirit to move us toward Him and toward one another. May we do this corporately as we gather. Help us, Lord, to understand our union with You and with all who are Yours! Help us to love our enemies--those who spew hatred--and remember they need Your grace just as we do.
                Amen
                Comment>

Pretty good post.
                  Comment>

I want to publicly state my disgust and condemnation of the rally that occurred to champion white supremacy.
                    And I'd like to express my disgust towards a party that did not allow peaceful protest to resume but instead created a situation where a dead American was the aftermath.

Aside from condemnation of their ideology, my husband and I and our church simply will not give them our attention. And we will also not be one-day activists who aren't interested in faithful, gritty work in this community.
                    That would of been an example proper, but the powers to be wanted to bus anti-protesters in to create a combustible situation. Hindsight, they say, is 20/20.

God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap