Christian news - breaking headlines from around the United States and the world. Trending hot topics in Christianity.

Franklin Graham Aids FBI in Resolving Standoff at Oregon Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin Graham Aids FBI in Resolving Standoff at Oregon Wildlife Refuge

The Rev. Franklin Graham has been instrumental in resolving the conflict at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in eastern Oregon.

More...

Democrats were demanding bloodshed, taunting authorities as racist if blood wasn't spilled. There was no reason for anyone to be shot. There was no reason for a small army of armed feds to ambush the ranchers on the road. The peaceful protest in the middle-of-nowhere was causing no harm and presented no imminent danger. The protest itself was self-punishment (worse than house arrest) and would have ended when the ranchers tired of it.

Kuddos to Franklin Graham letting the ranchers know they had some sympathy among prominent Americans, and that the ranchers succeeded in putting their case before the American people and it was time to end the protest. And, maybe this protest will encourage federal bureaucrats make better balanced land management decisions in the future.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone comment on this, but it deserves attention. When one of the ranchers were killed in the ambush, the local sheriff, David Ward, defended the use of force against the ranches in part by saying the protesters were hoping to "spark a movement across the United States.” In essence, sheriff admitted to the intent of violating the first amendment rights of the ranchers..
    Comment>

I will have somewhat of a different opinion, I have had dealings with federal agents as well as local law enforcement and they are all lying snakes who do what they want with no regard for human life and if you question them you`re done and in my opinion they are no better than any other street gang, yes there are some good ones but the bad outweigh them by a big margin.

I believe law enforcement officials should have to be doubly accountable for the crimes they commit, they should be closely monitored and they should not be militarized.
      Comment>

Originally posted by JSB View Post
        I have had dealings with federal agents as well as local law enforcement and they are all lying snakes who do what they want with no regard for human life
        At the link of the article, someone comments, "The headline is misleading. [Graham] didn't aid the FBI. He tried to ensure that no more ranchers were killed. That's why they wanted him present when they came out." Right on the money.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap