Looking for a new show to watch? We can quibble about where it stands in the TV canon. Discuss your favorite TV shows.

Doc Martin-British Series takes off in the US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Martin-British Series takes off in the US

Anybody like watching this show that is about a cantankerous doctor and it takes place in the town of Cornwall England,in the coastal- fictional town of Portwenn? They have a lot of interesting and quirky neighbors that he looks after and it kind of reminds you of "Northern Exposure". I discovered it on Hula and YouTube but they say its catching on big in the States as well.

Originally posted by FolkArtist View Post
    Anybody like watching this show that is about a cantankerous doctor and it takes place in the town of Cornwall England,in the coastal- fictional town of Portwenn? They have a lot of interesting and quirky neighbors that he looks after and it kind of reminds you of "Northern Exposure". I discovered it on Hula and YouTube but they say its catching on big in the States as well.
    Hello there...,

yes, I like the show.. I have actually been there "portwenn" is the fictional name of the Cornish village , port Isaac is the actual name of the place itself.. my great uncle, my late dads uncle owned a restaurant there right on the harbour, not sure if he's still alive.. lost contact with my dads side of the family when he passed away, I know he certainly hasn't got the restaurant anymore but I remember as a kid going to help him prepare him stock up..

its a nice village its certainly different to town life.. nice fresh air, always fresh fish to eat., lots of rockery though, all hills and cliff tops not much flat land about.. you could see by looking out the window some times cows falling off cliffs from afar into the sea.. accidents happen, also by residents.

sadly I will probably never get to go there again, but it's certainly a great place to retire.. a slow life, not a life for the young.

its also not far at all from Bodmin moor.. where the local legendary beast has been reported to have been seen throughout the years.. I also have been there. You wouldn't want to be there at night.

its an alright TV show its been aired over here in the uk for years now.. loads of series I know that much, I am going to get the box sets when they end the show. Cornwall and Devon are without a doubt one of the best places in England to live.. I am not surprised that they chose that location for the show.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Bliss View Post

Hello there...,

yes, I like the show.. I have actually been there "portwenn" is the fictional name of the Cornish village , port Isaac is the actual name of the place itself.. my great uncle, my late dads uncle owned a restaurant there right on the harbour, not sure if he's still alive.. lost contact with my dads side of the family when he passed away, I know he certainly hasn't got the restaurant anymore but I remember as a kid going to help him prepare him stock up..

its a nice village its certainly different to town life.. nice fresh air, always fresh fish to eat., lots of rockery though, all hills and cliff tops not much flat land about.. you could see by looking out the window some times cows falling off cliffs from afar into the sea.. accidents happen, also by residents.

sadly I will probably never get to go there again, but it's certainly a great place to retire.. a slow life, not a life for the young.

its also not far at all from Bodmin moor.. where the local legendary beast has been reported to have been seen throughout the years.. I also have been there. You wouldn't want to be there at night.

its an alright TV show its been aired over here in the uk for years now.. loads of series I know that much, I am going to get the box sets when they end the show. Cornwall and Devon are without a doubt one of the best places in England to live.. I am not surprised that they chose that location for the show.
      Thanks for sharing some of your Cornwall stories and your great-uncle, sounds like the character -"Bert Large"(a real fun character) in the series and they both owned restaurants right on the harbour. I have heard of Cornwall before I watched the show but only as a artist colony in the past. I see they are coming out with season 8 and 9 in the future,and these will be the last two seasons ,but you never know?
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap