Talk about your favorite sports, hobbies, or activities.

Anyone else enjoy a good hike?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else enjoy a good hike?

One of the things I used to do very regularly, but cannot as much now, is going on a good solitary hike. I would bring a long a small New Testament (with Psalms and Proverbs), a small notebook, and a fountain pen. It was a great way to meditate on a passage of scripture and enjoy God's creation. Sometimes I'd jot down spiritual or just everyday notes whilst doing so. It was also good exercise that was enough to get a good sweat going, but not enough to really be totally exhausting.

Anyway, I am just curious if there are other Christian hikers on board. Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm a jogger. Unlike many others I do not listen to music as I jog on my iPod but audio books. Such as the Bible (different translations), Eusebius' Ecclesiastical History, Irenaeus' Against Heresies, Justin Martyr, the Apostolic Fathers, etc.
    Last edited by Origen; 06-30-2016, 03:39 AM.
    Comment>

I love hiking, but I haven't done it much the past few years. I remember it was a really good way to focus on your thoughts and get in touch with God himself. I think hiking has gotten dangerous in my area lately, lots of kidnapping and robbery. And my friends don't help, they're all couch potatoes. If it wasn't for this I'd do it way more.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
        Unlike many others I do not listen to music as I jog on my iPod but audio books.
        Ditto that. I don't listen to them whilst hiking as I use it for time to ponder things. However, I've really enjoyed putting sermons, ebooks, etc. on an MP3 player and listening to the message whilst doing physical labor, exercising, and the like. We're blessed to have so many resources in this day and age. :)

Comment>

Originally posted by Nahum View Post
          Ditto that. I don't listen to them whilst hiking as I use it for time to ponder things.
          Exactly!

Comment>

Yes, I think hiking is great and the definition is a long walk,but let it be your hike and do it your way,also do not let others tell you what kind of hike it should be and get turned off by it. I would be careful though if it is dangerous in your area though, but remember you can hike in the park where there are lots of people around to keep others in line. Hiking is a good stress reliever and it helps boost your creativity and imagination as well.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap