Join Christian music fans from around the world to talk about your favorite artists, songs, gear, concerts, worship experiences, and more.

Do you listen to secular music?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

Remember when Jesus got mad at the money changers in the temple?1 And wasn't Roman politics - in part - what put Jesus on the cross.

Didn't realize the RCC has been 'brought down'. Maybe the Roman Empire, but not the RCC.
    What has this to do with the Early Church?

What I mean by bringing the RCC down was not it's destruction, but leaving the path Jesus sat it on. The idea of the church was to follow the teachings of Christ and they strayed from that path. Have they not?
    Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

Remember when Jesus got mad at the money changers in the temple?1 And wasn't Roman politics - in part - what put Jesus on the cross.

Didn't realize the RCC has been 'brought down'. Maybe the Roman Empire, but not the RCC.
      They went down before but made a come back. Maybe that's what he was referring to.
      Comment>

I listen o 75% country, 20% soft rock and 5% Christian.

My issues with Christian music are:
        1) The quality is inferior
        2) I detest 7-11 songs (pejorative inferring the song have same 7 words repeated 11 times)
        3) The songs usually emphasize 'me' and 'I'; not as much emphasis on God

My 2 cents worth
        Comment>

Other than a band named Christafaria, most of what I listen to are Christian bands from the 70s-80s. Bands and artist like Petra, Russ Taft, Dan Peek.

As far as secular music goes theres not much I care for. The bands I could think of that I still like are America and The Carpenters, and I few other songs like Hey Now by Crowded House and Back on the Chain Gang by The Pretenders.
          ​​​​​​
          Comment>

Originally posted by just_me View Post

What has this to do with the Early Church?

What I mean by bringing the RCC down was not it's destruction, but leaving the path Jesus sat it on. The idea of the church was to follow the teachings of Christ and they strayed from that path. Have they not?

The Church that Jesus Christ started was the New Testament one.

Are you basing your comment on Matthew 16:18 by chance?
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap