Join Christian music fans from around the world to talk about your favorite artists, songs, gear, concerts, worship experiences, and more.

Do you play a musical instrument?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you play a musical instrument?

If you do, which one do you play? And for how long?

I play guitar for about 7 years now, and I love it. I have two bands and we are making our own music. It is very fun and satisfying. We mostly play rock music but we are trying to combine other genres as well. Do you have a band? Or do you play solo? What genre is your favorite?

I have at least ventured in playing violin for 5 years now. I love it! It's always a pleasure performing/ presenting a special song at my church and other seminar occasion. I always feel great the much I use it to praise the Lord, than the secular songs I indulge in sometimes when I totally get bored. I'd also love to know how to play the Guitar like a pro, real soon..I'm sure it's way-too-fun too..
    Comment>

I play the piano/keyboard for the church. My parents sent me for 8 years of formal music lessons to prepare me to serve in church. I enjoy it a lot. I admit I'm not very good at it considering the amount of formal training that I have had. I've been part of the worship team since I was a teenager. I just find that I'm more talented in singing than running my fingers over the ivory-and-blacks.

It's a shame that after my church got rid of the old (broken) organ, no one really took up organ playing. Our organ player has retired, so it seems that this skill will not be passed on.
      Comment>

I've been playing the guitar for well over 8 years now or so. I haven't really got into doing solos until now when I started to play classic rock. I have a casual band with my friends called "Defmut", sort of a supposed pun for Deaf Mute because we used to joke around that nobody would listen to us play unless they're deaf and nobody would cheer for us unless they're mute. We play alternative rock and some hard rock songs from time to time, but usually we settle in for Pop-Punk songs.
        Comment>

Originally posted by prodigalson View Post
          I've been playing the guitar for well over 8 years now or so. I haven't really got into doing solos until now when I started to play classic rock. I have a casual band with my friends called "Defmut", sort of a supposed pun for Deaf Mute because we used to joke around that nobody would listen to us play unless they're deaf and nobody would cheer for us unless they're mute. We play alternative rock and some hard rock songs from time to time, but usually we settle in for Pop-Punk songs.
          Have you ever considered religious music.
          Comment>

I play both piano and flute -- not professionally by any means. In the past I've really enjoyed flute dueting. I'm not a soloist. Would Like to do piano dueting and trying more organ playing.

Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap