Discuss your favorite flicks as well as hot new releases.

The Last Jedi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Jedi

This is just another chapter in what has become my favorite franchise. I have been watching these movies since I was about 6 or 7, and have been a fan the whole time. I was glad when they dropped the new trailer for the next installment at the recently concluded Celebration Convention (even though I was hoping for a full length trailer to drop at the end), and my excitement has been further fueled by this little snippet.

Anyone else excited about the impending arrival of this movie?

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
    This is just another chapter in what has become my favorite franchise. I have been watching these movies since I was about 6 or 7, and have been a fan the whole time. I was glad when they dropped the new trailer for the next installment at the recently concluded Celebration Convention (even though I was hoping for a full length trailer to drop at the end), and my excitement has been further fueled by this little snippet.

Anyone else excited about the impending arrival of this movie?
    Nope, Disney and I have parted ways.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Any particular reason that you don't watch any disney films anymore?

I'm looking forward to the film. It's weird because I only started watching Star Wars around 2 years ago because my friends kept bugging me about how I was missing a great film franchise. And now I absolutely love it. It will be great to see how everything pans out and I wonder if the title of the movie is a slight suggestion as to what happens in the film. It's quite sad that Carrie Fisher won't be alive to see the film to be honest and it will be a huge miss considering she won't be in any future films :(
      Comment>

Originally posted by kingcool52 View Post
        Any particular reason that you don't watch any disney films anymore?

I'm looking forward to the film. It's weird because I only started watching Star Wars around 2 years ago because my friends kept bugging me about how I was missing a great film franchise. And now I absolutely love it. It will be great to see how everything pans out and I wonder if the title of the movie is a slight suggestion as to what happens in the film. It's quite sad that Carrie Fisher won't be alive to see the film to be honest and it will be a huge miss considering she won't be in any future films :(
        Rian Johnson has said that the title is referring only to Luke. Though I imagine events will move in a direction he does not want.
        Comment>

Yes, I am a fan of Star Wars as well. It's pretty much the same case, been a fan since I was like 10 years old. It's a fun franchise and a great sci-fi movie. And even though many dislike the new episode, I liked it. Sure, it ain't good as episodes 4, 5 and 6 are, but it's nice. I hope that the new one will be better than the last. By the way, what do you think the title is telling us? I saw this post once where someone put the episode VII and episode VIII titles and combined they say:"The force awakens the last jedi". I like that one.
          Comment>

Originally posted by FergusMacLeod View Post
            Yes, I am a fan of Star Wars as well. It's pretty much the same case, been a fan since I was like 10 years old. It's a fun franchise and a great sci-fi movie. And even though many dislike the new episode, I liked it. Sure, it ain't good as episodes 4, 5 and 6 are, but it's nice. I hope that the new one will be better than the last. By the way, what do you think the title is telling us? I saw this post once where someone put the episode VII and episode VIII titles and combined they say:"The force awakens the last jedi". I like that one.
            That is an interesting thought, and now I am even more interested in what they come up with for the title of Episode 9 and how it will apply into these other two.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post

That is an interesting thought, and now I am even more interested in what they come up with for the title of Episode 9 and how it will apply into these other two.
              My thoughts exactly :D If what I wrote (saw) is really true. But it kinda makes sense since Rey is kind of a last jedi if you look closely. I'm looking forward to see if she is going to turn to the dark side as well or not, but for now she looks kind of neutral to me.
              Comment>

Originally posted by FergusMacLeod View Post

My thoughts exactly :D If what I wrote (saw) is really true. But it kinda makes sense since Rey is kind of a last jedi if you look closely. I'm looking forward to see if she is going to turn to the dark side as well or not, but for now she looks kind of neutral to me.
                That could open them up to including the "Gray Jedi," which is kind of an unofficial part of that universe.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap