Discuss your favorite flicks as well as hot new releases.

Star Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars

Best scene ever from Episode 7. Anyone planning to see Rogue One?

God bless,
    William

I've seen it. I'm not going to spoil it, but it was fantastic. It is not just me that thinks that, since the local cinema still has sell out screenings every 15 minutes during the day, even at this time of year. The only slight weakspot was one CGI character, where an actor was unavoidable absent. Believe me, if you have an eye open for that sort of thing, you'll know it when you see it. It is interesting to see 30 years of backstory replaced, but the original story was in the comics and they couldn't have told it on film without copyright problems.

Comment>

I enjoyed Rogue One but I think I enjoyed The Force Awakens more. TFA has more memorable characters and propels the "main" storyline forward, while Rogue One is kind of a footnote to A New Hope.
      Comment>

I'm finally going to get to see it later today or tomorrow (Dv). I'll let you know what I think, but son and his friends, as well my senior pastor's sons (he has 7 altogether :)) thought it was the best Star Wars ever.
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

I think Star Wars fans will find more to appreciate than casual moviegoers. I won't spoil them, but lots of Easter Eggs, nods, callbacks, cameos, etc. Old locations from A New Hope meticulously recreated that look exactly the same forty years ago. I definitely had my share of geek out moments.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap