Come share a laugh with a joke, one-liners, funny stories, and thread games.

Ladybird Beetles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladybird Beetles

Are there "boy" ladybugs? If so, what do we call them??
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon

Just thought to share a picture I took at Mt St Helens of a ladybug... what do we call boy ladybugs?

Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      Just thought to share a picture I took at Mt St Helens of a ladybug...

BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post
        Are there "boy" ladybugs? If so, what do we call them??
        Gentlemanbugs of course.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

I don't know about you all, but I call mine "Bubba". I find them on the outer walls of the house all the time and I will try to catch one and bring it inside to eat bugs on my houseplants. Some of them get busy and do their job, while others just wander the walls and ceilings and drive my cat crazy. I keep wondering if the confused ones are male and the hungry ones are female...or maybe it's the other way around. I will grab him off the wall and give him a lecture. "Now listen here, Bubba... I invited you in for dinner, not for snooping around. Lunch is over there on my begonia. Get busy." If he still can't find food, out he goes into the wild again. It might sound gross to some, but these guys (and gals) are the best houseplant debugging systems I've ever seen. LOL.

No, not really. I'm just being silly here, but one time I did find a ladybug in my home and a houseplant that had been suffering from a bad case of buggies was clean again. While I didn't exactly see it happen, I credit the ladybug for that one.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap