A secret of keeping healthy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A secret of keeping healthy

Last month, I went to the the beauty salon with my friends. Once I got there, my beauticians asserted that I must often stay up late by seeing my face. I was so astonished because what she said can’t be more correct. I did usually stay up all night. She said with smile, "Because your face has turned yellow…" Then I just realized that if keeping staying up late for a long time, even though we slept as long as usual , our mental state would get worse obviously, no matter what we eat and drink, nutrition cannot be absorbed well, our health can not be remained. I realized that since the time of the beginning when God created the heaven and earth, God had set the healthy regular daily routine for man, as beginning to work at sunrise and retiring at sunset. However I didnot follow this rule, which did harm to my health. So I re-adjust my schedule, earlier to sleep and earlier to rise. Soon my whole spirit state became better obviously. Have you found what is the secret of keeping healthy I am sharing with you? Yes, that is following the rules from God. That's really important, isn't it? God bless you!

For keeping healthy, we just need to obey natural laws of life God created. When the season is abundant for fruits and vegetables,we just eat more these things. In addition, less being angry and maintaining a good temperament are also very important.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolep View Post
      "Because your face has turned yellow…"
      Wow - I've never heard this before = and I'm delighted that your beautician is so open and honest with you! I work in a medical office, and I am so surprised that there are so many unhealthy people around, yet they are oblivious to how their poor choices result in so many ailments. I do a lot of good things for good health, but I also have some bad habits. Enough sleep is one of them. I've been drinking too much coffee lately and it affects my sleep. Even though I don't drink coffee past 3:00 pm ,it is the 3 very large cups of coffee before then that I think still interrupt my sleep patterns.

Thanks for sharing this.

Originally posted by Jennifer View Post
      For keeping healthy, we just need to obey natural laws of life God created.
      Well said, Jennifer!

Comment

Here's a health tip:

Every day you don't eat in another day longer you'll live. At least that works for rats.

Comment

That's a funny comment, Cornelius.

A quote from your link:, "Our current lifestyle is one long feast." So true! Even the term "breakfast" - as in "break the fast" gets ignored, Many people continue eating too late at night, and even throughout the night ("Dagwood" comic strip") so there hasn't been time for even an 8 hour fast1

I ascribe to the wisdom that says one should be as thin as possible while maintaining a healthy weight. Funny though, since I enjoy exercise, my body composition contains a lot of muscle, and since muscle weighs more than fat, my BMI is actually close to "overweight" - but I'm clearly not overweight to look at me!

Comment

I'm not fat by many means, and I practice occasional fasting. But, at some point I noticed that when I'm not fasting, I essentially eat to the point of were eating more would be uncomfortable. I think most people are like this. Not only is life an endless feast, but we feast until we're stuffed. No wonder so many people are fat. As for myself, I now eat reasonable portions and then stop. I no longer eat until I'm stuffed.

Comment

I have gluttonous moments, but not every day. And I generally eat "real food" like fresh fruits and vegetables, home cooked meals. I eat very little of any type of "processed food", aka "factory food", But those are the things I eat too much of when I do over-indulge. Like last night's ice cream feast. Way too much. But today was a usual moderate day of eating good food and a couple pieces of chocolate. I pay attention to how my clothes fit so I manage my eating habits to keep my wardrobe comfortable.

I'm not interested in fasting for a full day. I like to exercise and want to maintain enough food intake to be active. I take brisk walks during breaks at work, and I exercise most mornings.

Comment

To me, the 'secret' is having a balance of body, mind and faith. Eating healthy, working out, stretching, sleeping well, and most importantly, having Jesus at the front and center of one's life. Having a strong faith can reduce stress, and make you an all around happier and more joyful person, which I honestly believe more people would experience, if they had a solid relationship with Christ.

Comment

must.. hamburger..

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                    To me, the 'secret' is having a balance of body, mind and faith. Eating healthy, working out, stretching, sleeping well, and most importantly, having Jesus at the front and center of one's life. Having a strong faith can reduce stress, and make you an all around happier and more joyful person, which I honestly believe more people would experience, if they had a solid relationship with Christ.
                    Thank your for replying. just as you say ,it makes me think about these verses:Rejoice evermore.Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks:for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.(5:16-18). Maybe this is the most important secret of keeping healthy. Share them with you. God bless!

Comment

A little wine is good for stomach ailments (1 timothy 5:23) so I tend to follow that piece of scripture from time to time and it does help keep me in balance and feeling healthier and I also like to drink clean water and not the stuff that is overly chlorinated because burns my throat and stomach so I'm back to the wine.

Comment

I've taken vitamin and mineral supplements my whole life, and these days I'm moving more towards the natural side of eating, doing my research and learning which foods contain what, and how healthy they are. I've discovered horseradish as a wonder cure for just about anything that ails a person, including the obvious... sinus issues, as the stuff will clear your head quite easily, thank you very much. I've also done some research into black coffee, not as a stimulant, but as a liver cleansing agent.... very interesting reading. Keeping toxins out and stress levels down, are all big aspects of staying healthy, so that's what I've been working on lately.

Comment

good sleep is vital for the human body. getting enough sleep will make your mind sound and smart. and God instructed us to take care of our body. Thank you for this lovely post.

You can join me this Sunday at 6am, 10am, 2pm or 4pm for a life transforming meeting. just register with this link. Read More

Comment

Originally posted by peterpreye1 View Post
                            good sleep is vital for the human body. getting enough sleep will make your mind sound and smart. and God instructed us to take care of our body. Thank you for this lovely post.

You can join me this Sunday at 6am, 10am, 2pm or 4pm for a life transforming meeting. just register with this link. Read More
                            I quite agree with you good sleep is very important to the body. Sleep can help relax the entire body put all the systems in normal conditions. It is vital for growth of the body tissues and soundness of the heart and entire body.

Comment

You should reduce your sugars in your diet and eat more fruits and vegetables, also cooking with olive oil is a good idea as well. I would eat more whole grains,while cooking at home helps you control all that extra sugar and unhealthy fats that they put in take out foods. I would drink plenty of water and have a glass of wine with your meal as well for digestive purposes,also I would eat smaller portions,because when you eat out there is no portion control. You should get regular exercise and get plenty of sleep as well.

Comment

Sponsors

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap