Tap the technical and computer knowledge of other experienced users. Find information on computers and technological topics.

Which blogging platform for a Christian blog?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which blogging platform for a Christian blog?

I wanna start a Christian blog. My posts can be sometimes a video and a small text or theme , sometimes an article, sometimes any other kinda stuff. I wanna start it for strengthening other's faith and mine too. Please help. After googling, I'm confused with options like Wordpress.com, Blogger, Tumblr, Wix, Weebly, and all others. Please help me.

Wordpress is the best content management system but blogging on Wordpress.com comes with numerous restrictions. Among other the things you can't use a custom domain name unless you start paying for hosting. Tumblr is good only for posting images. I haven't use weebly or wix but I've been on Blogger and think it's a great place for someone to create their first blog. Start with blogger and once you feel you want to move on, find a good host, install wordpress and continue blogging.
    Comment>

I don't need a custom domain. I want everything free. Blogger's UI is horrible. Can you suggest me any platform with attractive looks but free. I don't custom domain but I wanna make it appear on search engine easily.
      Comment>

I use wordpress for my blog. It is free because they place ads at the end of each post to pay their costs, although you can eliminate the ads by paying a fee. Here is a link to my blog so you can see for yourself what it is like: clydeherrin | Here are some of the things I have learned from studying the Bible .

There are a number of options available for the appearance of the blog.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

I actually like Blogger for a free blogging solution. You can find a myriad of templates online to use with it, and based on the template you choose the layout can be quite easy to adjust, especially with all the gadgets you can put into it. Also, if you want to menetize your sight, there is nothing easier than blogger, as all you need to do is post some code in a html gadget and you are off.

By the way, once you get into it and are looking to get your own custom domain there are other solutions than just blogger or wordpress from which to choose, though it really depends on how you are on building your own websites.
          Comment>

If you have the financial resources then I would recommend self hosting a wordpress site. You can download the software at wordpress.org. You can then purchase your very own theme for the blog, I'm sure there are several religious based themes that would be perfect for you. Hosting your own wordpress site also allows you to install several different plugins which will help you if you want to post a lot of different types of content. The only problem with this is that it can be a bit expensive because you need to get hosting and a domain although you could choose free hosting and a free sub domain. If you need help with setting it up, just contact me and I can give you a helping hand :)
            Comment>

If you want to blog for free then Blogger.com or Weebly.com should be your top preference. Blogger.com is hosted by Google and they offer free sub-domain. If you want to use paid blogging platform Then you should use WordPress for his purpose. You can create a professional blog with the help of WordPress. There are various templates available for WordPress.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap