Tap the technical and computer knowledge of other experienced users. Find information on computers and technological topics.

Do tag clouds help or hinder SEO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do tag clouds help or hinder SEO?

New news to me. Learn something everyday.

Matt Cutts concludes that tag clouds are very dangerous for SEO given their impact on keyword density and link bleeding. I find this very interesting because they can be, indeed, VERY valuable for our blog visitors. And Google always maintains that what is good for the end-user is good for SEO. Well in this case, no. Matt is clear that Google is currently no good at understanding tag clouds. Best to not use them or use extreme caution when you do.

An alternative is to use a Tag Cloud and add nofollow to tag cloud links: Tag Cloud That Rocks! - vBulletin Mods That Rock!
    Comment>

William, are you an SEO expert?
      Comment>

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post
        William, are you an SEO expert?
        Far from it, I just know the basics and how to apply them to this software. I think SEO is like a black art, nobody really has a handle on it, but they sure make money selling others on a company's or individual's expertise.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Far from it, I just know the basics and how to apply them to this software. I think SEO is like a black art, nobody really has a handle on it, but they sure make money selling others on a company's or individual's expertise.

God bless,
          William
          As a small business owner, I've ha to become a PPC and SEO "expert". I would be better at it, if I had more time, but I've, out of necessity, become good at my niche.
          Comment>

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post

As a small business owner, I've ha to become a PPC and SEO "expert". I would be better at it, if I had more time, but I've, out of necessity, become good at my niche.
            I could definitely use Offsite SEO help. I'm sure you know how expensive and tedious that work can be! Though it is only a matter of link building with correct anchor text. Finding high page ranking sites that are willing to publish a back link can be quite expensive now-a-days. I'm not into spamming other sites, so I won't go there.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

What would you need William? I know a few tools that might come in handy when it comes to SEO :-)
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap