Discuss popular authors and favorite books. Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers.

Science Fiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Fiction

Any Science Fiction fans out there?

Many years ago I was an avid reader of Sciene Fiction - the old styles greats like Isaac Asimov & Ray Bradbury. Then I ran out of good stuff and started reading rubbish and lost interest. Then it seemed Science Fiction turned into Science Fantasy with magic & spells. The only ones I read were Terry Pratchett's Discworld series and Anne McCarffrey's Pern series.

Just recently I've come back to the genre and found the "Wool" series by Hugh Howey (Wool, Shift & Dust). Brilliant, I found them gripping, just like the old times.

Another one that was good is 'Proxima' by Stephen Baxter. Not as good as 'Wool' (IMO) but a good read. There is sequel (Ultima) but I haven't read yet.

Anybody read these, and if so what did you think of them?

Any suggestions for other good classic type Sci-Fi?

I'm not a reader, but I like sci-fi moving+talking pictures, especially those that don't replace the story with special effects.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap