What are we doing when we gather corporately and sing our praise to God? What is our intent? What is it that we believe we are achieving?

Yes, it is proper to worship the Lord Jesus Christ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is proper to worship the Lord Jesus Christ

There is a plethora of evidence which demonstrates that the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of worship. To deny and/or forbid doing so runs contrary to what the Bible so clearly teaches. In the Introduction I have supplied evidence that a Christian worships the Lord Jesus as God. This is immediately followed by several pieces of affirmations which establish that only God is the proper recipient of worship. The main body of the paper consists of "worship passages" being properly applied to the Lord Jesus. These are listed as they appear in the Bible. Finally, in the Appendix there are several other pertinent topics related to the theme of worship.
    I have chosen a wide range of sources to cite in support of my assertions. These would include lexicons, dictionaries, commentaries and encyclopedias as well as several links to articles concerning the issue at hand. Some of these are quite old while others are very recent. There are a few passages in which I was unable to find any sources. In this case I would refer to the Greek words involved and/or the context from which it is found that would point to the Lord Jesus as being the proper recipient of worship. I welcome any other passages that I may have missed in this endeavor.

To the praise of our Triune God forever and ever. Amen.
    Marc Taylor
    Attached Files

I'll use this post to make any further updates to the information presented in the paper. If/when it becomes too lengthy then I will simply revise the paper.

For now:

Appendix 4: Objections
    John 4:23

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. (NASB)
    The assertion: True worshipers will only worship the Father. Thus the Lord Jesus is not to be worshiped.
    The response: The same Greek word for worship (proskyneō) in John 4:23 is also employed in the Gospel of John in reference to the worship of the Lord Jesus (see "John 9:38").

Appendix 6: What certain groups affirm concerning the worship of the Lord Jesus.
    1. The Jehovah's Witnesses
    Matthew 2:2
    Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him. (NASB)
    The Watchtower: Were there really three kings, or wise men, who came to worship Jesus while he was in the manger? (Page Thirty-Two, December 1, 2009)
    Page Thirty-Two — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap