What are we doing when we gather corporately and sing our praise to God? What is our intent? What is it that we believe we are achieving?

How often do you celebrate the Lord's Supper?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you celebrate the Lord's Supper?

1 Corinthians 11:26
    For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes. (NASB)

How often do you celebrate the Lord's Supper? Weekly? Monthly?..etc.?

I attend a church the celebrates it once a month, on the first Sunday. In the past I have gone to a church where it was celebrated every week. One church I attended celebrated it only once a year, and not in a regular service but in a special one. They did this so only members of the church could take part. Since I wasn't officially a member of the church I never attended these services.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Once a month. We study Scripture on the Lords supper in adult and children's Sunday school on that day and usually the sermon is about life in Christ. Then our preacher goes on to read to read Scripture and then warns that if anyone who partakes but doesn't believe is drinking and eating their own judgment.
      Comment>

Once a month, and our church does verbally fence the Communion table.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

It's scheduled. Not too often. I like that. It's something special, not something you just do and move on to the next time. You prepare to receive the Lord's Supper. It's the most wonderful services there are.
          Comment>

Our pastor has it once a quarter or so. It's fully explained from Scripture -- it's open to anyone who has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap