The forum for teaching, teachers and teachers-to-be.

Would love your input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Would love your input

    I was upset by something I saw recently, that might surprise you. On Christmas, I ran into a street preacher (traditionally ordained) who, with his church, organized food for the destitute in my area. This didn't bother me of course, but when I stayed and listened to his message I actually became quite angry. He used the Lord's name in vain 4 times, cursing and even mentioned his genetalia. Considering what he said and how he appeared to be leading so many astray I wanted to confront him. I didn't stay because I wanted to get back to my friend. What do you,, my brothers and sisters in Christ think I should do? Should I attempt to video tape his next message to show you? Crazy stuff.

    #2
    That may be helpful. Anyone who would willingly mislead people about God should be confronted. Of course if you confront them there on the street you could very easily get into a shouting match, which wont do anyone any good.

    Do you know what church/organization he is with?
    Comment>

      #3
      Did he have any signs with him saying which church he was with? It sounds like one of the modern depressingly trendy preachers, who thinks cursing is necessary to reach a so-called wider audience. I used to wonder, if you have the change the message to spread it, is it still the same message?

      Even though the method in which it was delivered may have upset you, remember that food to the destitute is still a good and necessary work. Unless the preacher was actively preaching a message with swearing and such references, he may simply have been under stress because it takes a lot of organising to do that. Anyone can have a moment of weakness.
      Comment>

        #4
        Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
        I used to wonder, if you have the change the message to spread it, is it still the same message?
        No. You may need to present in different ways to different people but the message itself should be the same for everyone.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

          #5
          Okay, after yesterday, I found out that this man is not an ordained preacher and I was lied to. He is still called this group's pastor even though he does not preach in a church. This week was better, because he only cursed once. He never even quoted a scripture, but did reference Ezra. I will attach two sound fileshere...
          Comment>

            #6
            Oh, sorry, it seems my sound recordings are"invalid file types" I don't believe I can upload them😣
            Comment>

              #7
              Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
              Okay, after yesterday, I found out that this man is not an ordained preacher and I was lied to. He is still called this group's pastor even though he does not preach in a church. This week was better, because he only cursed once. He never even quoted a scripture, but did reference Ezra. I will attach two sound fileshere...
              At this point I don't think it matters what he is saying as everything coming out of his mouth is tainted, and does not follow any biblically sound doctrine. He should be called out as the fraud that he is.
              Comment>

                #8
                God gave me the courage this past Sunday to confront this man. I began by thanking him for his service in the community. Next I asked him why he was okay with using God's name in vain and if he had any scriptures in mind that could shed some light on this. He responded as expected with anger. He told me God tells him to say such things and that people are neutering Christ by not being sincere and putting up their hands up in church. After a moment, his "clergy" if you will surrounded me making sure I didn't do anything stupid. He was so busy yelling I wasn't able to say anything else and I bid him good day. It was nice to feel confident knowing God was with me. At the same time I may not have been able to communicate what needed to be said. At this point I will pray for him and any prayers from y'all would be appreciated too. God bless!
                Comment>

                  #9
                  That is pretty much all we need to know this man is not a true preacher. By using the tactics he did (which have been perfected by liberals, btw) when confronted shows this pretty clearly. I can't imagine he will be making any headway toward gaining any followers with this kind of approach. The only thing he is succeeding at is driving people away from Christianity.
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    You should of went ..... on them:



                    God bless,
                    William
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Knotical View Post
                      The only thing he is succeeding at is driving people away from Christianity.
                      Perhaps Satan is inspiring him in order to do exactly that.
                      Clyde Herrin's Blog
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
                        God gave me the courage this past Sunday to confront this man. I began by thanking him for his service in the community. Next I asked him why he was okay with using God's name in vain and if he had any scriptures in mind that could shed some light on this. He responded as expected with anger. He told me God tells him to say such things and that people are neutering Christ by not being sincere and putting up their hands up in church. After a moment, his "clergy" if you will surrounded me making sure I didn't do anything stupid. He was so busy yelling I wasn't able to say anything else and I bid him good day. It was nice to feel confident knowing God was with me. At the same time I may not have been able to communicate what needed to be said. At this point I will pray for him and any prayers from y'all would be appreciated too. God bless!
                        I think you did the right thing to confront that fraudulent "preacher" the way you did (calm, collected and intelligent). He's understandably a troublesome fake news-teller of the Gospel :-). His deeds will soon be found out. Good people who possess the Holy Spirit of God have become smarter (discerning) these days. :-)
                        Comment>

                          #13
                          Originally posted by PsalmOneCares

                          I think you did the right thing to confront that fraudulent "preacher" the way you did (calm, collected and intelligent). He's understandably a troublesome fake news-teller of the Gospel :-). His deeds will soon be found out. Good people who possess the Holy Spirit of God have become smarter (discerning) these days. :-)
                          Thanks, I appreciate that. I trust in God, whether he bring about change soon or not :cool:
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap