Spiritual warfare is the Christian concept that the Devil and demons attempt to thwart Good and the will of God.

Is that The Holy Spirit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that The Holy Spirit?

My pentacostal/carismatic brethren please don't take offence to this, I'm posting this thread out concern.

I understand there's prophecies, dreams, vision, and sometimes people will just know things that they wouldn't have a way of knowing, but where do these things come from and how can we know if it's coming from God? Plenty of men have done miraculous things, not all men of God though.
    ​Let's take ​​look in Exodus 7:20-22. Moses and Aaron did just as the Lord had commanded. He raised his staff in the presence of Pharaoh and his officials and struck the water of the Nile, and all the water was changed into blood. The fish in the Nile died and the river smelled so bad that the Egyptians could not drink its water. Blood was everywhere in Egypt.
    But the Egyptian magicians did the things by their secret arts.
    ​​​​​ Here we see the ungodly can perform miricales similar to real men of God.
    Matt. 24:24 For false Christ and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect- if that were possible.
    2 Thess. 2:9. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs, and wonders.

Whatever your told by anyone must be tested with God's word. 2 Tim 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (see also, 2 Tim. 3:16-17, 2 Tim. 4:2, and Heb. 4:12.)

Another thing to consider is that miracles were almost exclusive to Christ, the apostles and some aquaintecnes of the apostles and served to validate the Gospel. Acts 2:43, Acts 5:12,
    2 Cor. 12:12, Heb. 2:4.

Test your apostles, prophets and yoursevels by God's word and seek truth above miracles. Matt. 12:38-41.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
    ​​​​ May Christ lead us in truth and rightiousness.
Working...
X
Articles - News - SiteMap